The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Waterman Absolute Brown—A Handwritten Review

waterman ink waterman brown brown ink absolute brown stupid ink name ink review

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,695 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2015 - 13:32

Here is Waterman Brown (I hate the name "Absolute Brown"). It's one of my favorite brown inks. It's well behaved, has an attractive and subtle green sheen when it's laid on thick, it's cheap, and it's widely available. 

tJhMPS.jpg

is havana brown same as this... 

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

Sponsored Content

#22 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2015 - 13:58

is havana brown same as this... 

Several years ago, Waterman changed the packaging and the name of all their inks. As far as I can tell, they didn't change the formulas. I believe that this is the same as the old "Havana Brown". 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#23 Manalto

Manalto

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 19:37

I'm perusing browns and like how Waterman inks behave generally, so I stumbled upon your excellent review. Thank you and know that it's still being helpful a year and a half later.

Here is Waterman Brown (I hate the name "Absolute Brown").

If you call it 'Havana Brown' so will I. Mayor LaGuardia changed the name of Sixth Avenue to Avenue of the Americas in 1945 and everybody still calls it Sixth Avenue 70 years later.

I like this ink's selenium tone quite a bit. A must for the ink shelf!

Edited by Manalto, 17 December 2016 - 19:40.

James

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterman ink, waterman brown, brown ink, absolute brown, stupid ink name, ink review

Sponsored Content

|