The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ariel Kullock 'snail' Desk Pen /stamp

arielkullock pen desk stamp upright parker51

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alexcat

Alexcat

Lost in space

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2015 - 10:37

Just got this and love it. Just about to ink it up.....it's so tactile. Gorgeous. Parker 51 with 'snail' bands....on the cap, and the barrel. Lovely to just hold and fouter with. The base is blank, a solid brass circle, which could be engraved.....any suggestions on how this might be done/by whom/where? I'm not planning to do it now, but might in the future,more than likely with the symbol on my ring which is in one of the photos(Order of the Unified Heart.....Leonard Cohen fans' symbol)

Aleximage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

Sponsored Content

#2 TMK

TMK

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 19:09

It's really beautiful! Where did you get it, if I may ask?  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

#3 ac12

ac12

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,535 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:30

How does it feel in the hand?

That wide base looks like it would be very tail heavy, or that base may be just above the hand so it does not feel so tail heavy.

Edited by ac12, 16 June 2015 - 02:31.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

#4 Alexcat

Alexcat

Lost in space

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:44

It's really beautiful! Where did you get it, if I may ask?  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Got on eBay.....Im in the UK, but it was US eBay. I love it. Love it..... :)

Alex
"As many nights endure Without a moon or star So will we endure When one is gone and far "Leonard Cohen, of blessed memory(21/09/1934-7/11/2016)

#5 Alexcat

Alexcat

Lost in space

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 03:55

How does it feel in the hand?
That wide base looks like it would be very tail heavy, or that base may be just above the hand so it does not feel so tail heavy.

Will try to take a 'holding' photo in a bit....it feels lovely in the hand; the last bit of 'snail' is just where it rests on my hand, then above that it widens to the base. So, yes, the base is above the hand, and it rests perfectly in my hand.

I do have odd shaped hands.....small but very long fingers, plus hyper mobile: ie what is sometimes called 'double jointed' but just means very very flexible, particularly - for me - in the joint between thumb and forefinger, so whether that makes any difference when pen holding, I don't know.

And Im a fan of heavy pens in general.

Alex

#6 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,587 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2018 - 22:14

One the pen guys here in Vegas as a demonstrator one with the bottom being his initials for use with sealing wax. IT IS AWESOME. Thank you for sharing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arielkullock, pen, desk, stamp, upright, parker51

Sponsored Content

|