The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Changing Nibs.

esterbrook nib osmiroid screw

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tootles

Tootles

Donor Pen

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:28

Hi, I have a question for Esterbrook experts.

Q. Is it okay to change the nib on an Esterbrook J while the pen is still inked?

Sponsored Content

#2 Pickwick

Pickwick

Pickwick

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 11:35

Yes, just hold the pen in an upright position. If you don't want ink on your fingers, use paper towel to unscrew the nib. I have been able to achieve it.

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

#3 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,013 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:21

Yes, just hold the pen in an upright position. If you don't want ink on your fingers, use paper towel to unscrew the nib. I have been able to achieve it.

I have successfully used this method also.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

They took the blue from the skies and the pretty girls' eyes and a touch of Old Glory too . . .

#4 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Super Pinks member:

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,984 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:44

Me 3 I am sure - at least once. I usually do it when I am either filling or changing ink though.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: esterbrook, nib, osmiroid, screw

Sponsored Content

|