The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Leaking Pilot Metropolitan Grip..

pilot metropolitan pilot metropolitan

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Martinsroom

Martinsroom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2018 - 18:31

I've had 2 that have developed air leaks from the section seam without any prior trauma to the pens. May have just been unlucky though.

Edited by Martinsroom, 22 February 2018 - 18:32.

Sponsored Content

#22 pitonyak

pitonyak

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2018 - 19:00

Many adhesives (I am told) and finishes are toxic before they are applied, but non-toxic after they cure. I have no idea about aquaseal. My primary exposure has been through wood working and the fact that finishes on toys must be non toxic when consumed. I do not make toys, so, I never gave it much thought other than skimming the material when I come across it. Lead based paint, of course, is an example that is toxic after it has cured. You can probably drop a quick email to the manufacturer and ask them, but, if you do, be sure to put it into the context of your application. Specifically, your interest is in toxicity based on skin exposure (touching it for prolonged periods), not consumption. 

#23 AgentVenom

AgentVenom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2018 - 00:34

Maybe it’s just me but I’ve had constant issues with all my Metros (3, lol). I want to love them so bad.

Freedom lies in being bold - Robert Frost

#24 inotrym

inotrym

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:10

Never had a Metro fail on me, but now I am a little curious.

Do you guys have the standard international or proprietary pilot version?

#25 AgentVenom

AgentVenom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:50

Never had a Metro fail on me, but now I am a little curious.
Do you guys have the standard international or proprietary pilot version?

We have the propriety versions.

Freedom lies in being bold - Robert Frost

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pilot, metropolitan, pilot metropolitan

Sponsored Content

|