• BrandonA

• jsolares

• meiers

• torstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@sampanel

Thank you for the nice pics.

The cap really reminds me of the Jules Verne. The colour and also wave patern.

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

I'm really digging the nib design. Seems a lot nicer than the bearded man of the 1868 version IMHO.

Agreed!

The ink is also amazing. Found a bottle in my local boutique this Saturday (my birthday!) and bought it right away. Such an amazing ink with a great color (for me at least), a lot of shading and also SHEEN!

@sampanel

Thank you for the nice pics.

The cap really reminds me of the Jules Verne. The colour and also wave patern

This was my first impression too.

I can't imagine it will be long now until it will be available. Its usually early August. My local boutique seem to get them on Thursdays - here's hoping it's this week.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

The ink is also amazing. Found a bottle in my local boutique this Saturday (my birthday!) and bought it right away. Such an amazing ink with a great color (for me at least), a lot of shading and also SHEEN!

I couldn't agree more! It's wonderful. It has a beautiful blue tone, which shades nicely. Not too dark, not too light.

I've inked my demonstrator with this one. It has a generous, wet broad nib. I'm having so much fun with it.

Love to see pics when it arrives, appears to be a gorgeous pen, enjoy!

I ordered both the 9000 edition and the 1868. I will post some photos as soon as they arrive! I may keep the 1868 but I haven't decided yet :D

I've just had an email from my locate boutique in the UK. Apparently the pen has now been launched. Although they are yet to get any fountain pens there are ballpoints and rollerballs in store ready to be viewed and bought.

I happen to be passing the store tomorrow so will go in and have a look.

Here's hoping the fountain pens arrive shortly.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I've just had an email from my locate boutique in the UK. Apparently the pen has now been launched. Although they are yet to get any fountain pens there are ballpoints and rollerballs in store ready to be viewed and bought.

I happen to be passing the store tomorrow so will go in and have a look.

Here's hoping the fountain pens arrive shortly.

I look forward to your assessment of the aesthetics. I am really not sure about this one but (like many I suspect) a purchase will be required to try and complete the MB WE series. Edited by da vinci

The finish of the barrels are interesting, but in my eyes both versions of the pen lack cohesion. Too many different materials and finishes are combined.

Less would definitely have been more.

I look forward to your assessment of the aesthetics. I am really not sure about this one but (like many I suspect) a purchase will be required to try and complete the MB WE series.

LOL.

I know how you feel. There are some pens in the series I don't particularly like but once you've started saving them you have to by them regardless.

I'm interested to see what this one looks like. I think it will be one that looks better in the hand than it does some of the pictures we've seen.

The UK prices for the two different fountain pens are £740 and £2810.

I got to play with the roller ball and the more expensive fountain pens. I'm impressed with both and look forward to buying the £740 pen. I wish I could get the other one to but I can't really justify the cost.

They are heavy pens, don't have the weighs but you can feel it.

The cap screw mechanism felt a lit like the Mann which is my favourite cap screw mound.

The UK prices for the two different fountain pens are £740 and £2810.

I got to play with the roller ball and the more expensive fountain pens. I'm impressed with both and look forward to buying the £740 pen. I wish I could get the other one to but I can't really justify the cost.

They are heavy pens, don't have the weighs but you can feel it.

The cap screw mechanism felt a lit like the Mann which is my favourite cap screw mound.

Sounds like you were pretty impressed?

From the pictures I have seen the blue cap on the more expensive model looks good.

Went by the MB store today, they didn't have the pen yet:-( Fountain Pen Hospital said a Sept delivery on their site.

I really like the malachite on the 1868 pen, but, like BrandonA, I also have a difficult time justifying that purchase. To those who are getting the 1868 pen, I congratulate and envy you;-)

Regards, Stephen

fpn_1438897080__img_0661.jpg

nice pickup.

So do you like it, or just completing the collection?

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

isaacrn,

I do like it. I love the three contr-asting sections: dark solid coloured lib, silver plating, and blue/white end. I also love the way it has a metal end at the end of the filling mech. The weight is also good, I've not weighed it yet or compared it to other ones but it is quite heavy. I've never had a problem with the large drops barrel of recent pens but I know others have - this one is a more tapered which is good. Not sure if I'll ink it yet - I've not inked any of the more recent ones.

jsolares,

Its tough to pick favourites. I like the heavier ones though. If you were to push me for one I'd say the Mann as its very heavy and I love the smoothness of the barrel. It also have the smoothest thread when you remove the cap - I'm very anal on this feature. The Tolstoyhas a lovely cap twisting feel too.