Montblanc Writers Edition: Leo Tolstoy 2015

twism94

It was posted today.I thought you guys might enjoy it.

The fountain pen version of this edition is limited to 9,000 pieces, and the ballpoint pen to 12,000. The rollerball is limited to 7,000 pieces and the set with fountain pen, ballpoint pen/rollerball and mechanical pencil is limited to 1,600 pieces.
There is also 1868 edition coming as well

DG

Edited by twism94

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrandonA

• jsolares

• meiers

• torstar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Writers Edition Leo Tolstoy: Yasnaya Polyana, the family home where Tolstoy was born and where he resided with his wife and children is the inspiration for the Limited Edition Leo Tolstoy. In this idyllic rural setting, Tolstoy adhered to his teachings of finding happiness in the simple life led by peasants, a theme reflected in the simplicity of the overall shape and design of the writing instrument.

The characteristic pillars at the entrance of the Yasnaya Polyana estate are echoed in the shape of the top of the cap, which is crowned with the Montblanc emblem in black and white resin. Tolstoy’s philosophy of working the land with his own hands is symbolized in the elaborately handcrafted, hammered and silver plated case of the barrel.

The dark grey precious resin cap, blue marbled resin cone and platinum plated fittings mirror the colours found on the covers of his first major works as well as the colours of the modest study in which he wrote his most important works. The ornament on the cap ring is inspired by a traditional woven Russian pattern that would have adorned the modest peasant smocks Tolstoy made for himself. The great author’s signature is engraved on the cap while the family’s aristocratic coat-of-arms is featuring the rhodium-plated 750 solid gold nib of the fountain pen, a subtle design detail that highlights his provenance and the value he placed on family.

The issue number engraved on the cap is proof of the uniqueness of every piece. The fountain pen version of this edition is limited to 9,000 pieces, and the ballpoint pen to 12,000. The rollerball is limited to 7,000 pieces and the set with fountain pen, ballpoint pen/rollerball and mechanical pencil is limited to 1,600 pieces.

Limited Edition 1868: With a limitation number based on the year of the first Edition of “War and Peace”, his most famous book, the design of the Limited Edition 1868 is reminiscent of both the simple life Tolstoy favored particularly towards the end of his life, and his aristocratic origins as a count. The gold plated barrel with its hammered optic to celebrate the work he did by hand on his land is elegantly paired with a blue lacquered cap. The guilloche underneath the cap evokes the aristocracy in Imperial Russia, a reoccurring theme in his novels including “Anna Karenina” and “War and Peace”.

The wooden cone tells the story of his beloved estate, Yasnaya Polyana, home to many century-old trees among which Tolstoy chose to be buried. A malachite adorns the end of the cone as a reference to the legend of the green stick. When Leo was a small boy, his brother Nikolai told him that he possessed a secret that could make all men happy and end war and suffering. The secret was said to be written on a green stick and buried in the grounds of Yasnaya Polyana. This story stayed with Tolstoy throughout his life, and in his old age he requested that his body be buried in a simple wooden coffin at the presumed site of the little green stick. The signature that adorns the forepart and his portrait embossed in the rhodium-plated 750 solid gold nib reinforce his enduring legacy, and his impact on human civilization through his monumental works.

The Writers Edition Leo Tolstoy is only available in a strictly limited edition in Montblanc boutiques worldwide from August 1, 2015.

Edited by twism94

Tolstoy adhered to his teachings of finding happiness in the simple life led by peasants, a theme reflected in the simplicity of the overall shape and design of the writing instrument.

Sooooo...Lets make a luxury pen that highlights that principle...

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Sooooo...Lets make a luxury pen that highlights that principle...

Understanding irony is not an MB strong suit.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

I wonder if there'll be an ink to accompany it.

Yes, undoubtedly. Too much money to be made not to have one. I am sure I will buy it. :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Yes, I think. One of the better looking latest releases in my opinion. Not quite hit the 'must have' button but looks good :)

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Ill definitely be buying it, but at what price is the question

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I'm not a fan...good thing I can't afford it! imo the design lacks coherency. The rings look too modern for the barrel. Also, I wonder why they are repeating the metallic rimmed grip section from the last writers' additions...

Tasteful cap, but the rest looks like a skin disease--or the result of severe blunt trauma. I'll pass.

Ill definitely be buying it, but at what price is the question

I confirmed my place on the waiting list this past weekend and am looking forward to getting this pen.

I agree with your thoughts. They've reduced the number of pieces so they are bound to up the price.

I'm not sure how many people get access to the MB preview websites. I've been told that within the next couple of weeks MB will be releasing more details on this pen.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Looks the best it has so far in this photo... I've thought it looks a little busy but I wouldn't be surprised if in real life it all comes together beautifully.

I told myself I will stop after deFoe. This is going to ruin my plan. Beautiful pen.

I was thinking the same thing :puddle:

Tasteful cap, but the rest looks like a skin disease--or the result of severe blunt trauma. I'll pass.

:) :) :)

Understanding irony is not an MB strong suit.

Not as fun as the Gandhi pen that sells for twice the price category of the Tolstoy.