Massdrop - R&k 3Pack Ink And Another Drop For Rhodia

webgeckos

There is an R&K Massdrop, 3 bottles for USD $19.99 (Under $24 including CONUS shipping. Lowest price is unlocked.) LINKY

If interested there is also 2 Iron Galls listed:

• Ink Color - Bottle #2:Iron Gall - Salix
  • Ink Color - Bottle #3:Iron Gall - Scabiosa

If you have never done a massdrop, click on above linky, create an account. The look at current BUYs. If you click "Join this drop" it obligates you to purchase. If you click VOTE you can vote on whatever, you are not obligated to buy.

This is the LINKY for the Rhodia deal.

The Rhodia Text states: "On this drop, you will receive two Wirebound Pads (No. 16 and No. 18) and three Staplebound Pads (No. 12, No. 16, and No. 18). All five notebooks will come in your choice of Orange or Black covers, and the drop is limited to 130 units. The Staplebound No. 12 is not available with a Black cover for this drop." It is $37.95

with CONUS shipping.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FayeV

• jmccarty3

• delano

• webgeckos

If I weren't drowning in ink, I'd take advantage of this.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

There is an R&K Massdrop, 3 bottles for USD $19.99 (Under $24 including CONUS shipping. Lowest price is unlocked.) LINKY

I love R&K inks. I think verdigris is my favorite. This drop is a great price. If only I weren't already drowning in ink ...

Did you enough people to click on your personal MassDrop referral links to qualify for $50 worth of MaasDrop product? I'm wondering what they send you or whether you get to choose your reward.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

I have ordered several items from Massdrop and they are an excellent company to deal with.

Right now they are taking votes and comments on J. Herbin1670 "Emerald of Chivor" Don't know the price yet but they are usually well priced. They already had a drop of a 3 pack of the existing 1670 series and if enough people vote again for it, they will bring it back. Right now they are also offering several pens including a Pelikan Souveran M400 White Tortoise for 45% off. The usual disclaimer that I do not have any affiliation with Massdrop, just a satisfied customer.

I love R&K inks. I think verdigris is my favorite. This drop is a great price. If only I weren't already drowning in ink ...

Did you enough people to click on your personal MassDrop referral links to qualify for $50 worth of MaasDrop product? I'm wondering what they send you or whether you get to choose your reward.

Can you tell me a little about R&K inks? How well do they write in Lamy and Pelikan pens?

Can you tell me a little about R&K inks? How well do they write in Lamy and Pelikan pens?

I've used several R&K inks with my Lamy and Pelikan pens. They tend to flow well in my pens, even on my Pelikan EF steel nibs. Verdigris flows well in my Lamy 2000 F nib, making for very smooth writing. So far, R&K inks have cleaned up easily in both converter and piston pens. I consider them as low maintenance as my J. Herbin inks (the regular ones, not the 1670).

(They're not very waterproof, if that is is a feature you are looking for; this is fine for me since my 10yr old also uses my inks and I'd prefer her using inks not prone to staining.)

I am currently trying out Scabiosa on a Lamy M steel nib. This is my very first iron gall ink. It is a nice (lighter than expected) dusty purple color, and it is the only R&K ink that feels a little more on the dry side compared to the others I have tried. Maybe that is the nature of iron gall inks? Anyhow, so far I have not experienced any hard starts with this ink. Can't yet comment on cleaning this one out of my pen.

I have 11 R&K ink colors, plus 3 more on the way. The only other color I'd want get, to complete my collection, would be the Sepia color. I can pass on the black (not big on black ink), blau permanent (no hurry to pick up another blue) and can't see a use for the Helianthus yellow.

So.... if MassDrop comes up with another drop for R&K ink, I'll try to pick up Sepia, Verdigris (LOVE this!), and another color.

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

I highly recommend Cassia. As FayeV says, these are very well-behaved inks.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 2 weeks later...

I took advantage of this Massdrop for 3 R&K inks (Blu Mare, Morinda, & Verdura). I had a bottle of Alt-Goldgrun already, and had a sample of Scabiosa, and have been very happy with the flow and shading of these.

When my order showed up in the mail yesterday and I opened it, inside the bubble wrap was stained in blue ink. The Blu Mare bottle had leaked (the cap was a little loose). I didn't loose much ink, but it made a mess.

When I emailed Massdrop of the issue and sent a pic of it, they immediately offered a partial refund, and are sending me a new bottle of ink for the inconvenience. They did not have any more bottles of Blu Mare, but sent me a list of what they had left in stock, and I chose to get a bottle of Fernambuk. This was all resolved in less than 24 hours. Top notch customer service experience!

Needless to say, I will not hesitate to use Massdrop in the future for other ink deals (or any other deals), and would recommend them to any FPN members.

Mine is expected to arrive next Tuesday. One of them is Alt Goldgrun. Then I have to wait for my

White Tortoise to arrive before I can try it out.

Mine is expected to arrive next Tuesday. One of them is Alt Goldgrun. Then I have to wait for my

White Tortoise to arrive before I can try it out.

I'm using the same combo today, and everybody ask me what's the pen is and then what's the ink?