The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Triumph-Nibbed Sheaffer...new Obsession. Help.

triumph touchdown information dating

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 June 2015 - 11:39

Thanks again! Here I had been calling the pen my ValiantAdmiral's Triumph...

That's very Statesman like.

My Sister's website :  Rose Hill Studios

My Website

Sponsored Content

#22 Happy Harry

Happy Harry

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 22:39

Thanks again! Here I had been calling the pen my ValiantAdmiral's Triumph...

All very confusing with so many names !! Luckily all the caps are interchangeable so it makes no practical difference to looks or usage, enjoy your new find.

#23 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2015 - 19:54

Welcome to the Land of The Triumph!

Quick note as you go crazy finding these. The ones with the tubes, the touchdown and even Snorkel fillers are relatively easy to repair. The ones with the rods are vacuum-fillers and require a bit more skills. I find it best to leave those to the experts who know what they're doing. But my favorites are the vacuum fillers as they hold so much ink!

So, if you find a bunch in a flea market or antique store, remember the vacuum-fill (rod) will cost a little bit more to repair. But they're also worth it!

I have a few and love every one of them, even the poor little tuckaway that I can't write with because it's missing all of the tipping. It still looks nice.

Thanks so much for your help.

Can't pens be re-tipped? :(

#24 Ron Z

Ron Z

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• 9,729 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 21:29

These nibs can be difficult - some thread on so can be retipped easily.  Many if not most are pressed on, and the back end of the nib curled over the back end to secure it.  They're a pain to do.  So the answer is, maybe.

banner200.jpg
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

#25 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• 8,211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2015 - 00:34

I wondered about retipping nibs, because floating somewhere in the back of my hazy mind is a video I saw of nibs being tipped with...I don't know...some sort of spark-producing device. But they weren't Triumphs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: triumph, touchdown, information, dating

Sponsored Content

|