The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Bexley Nib Units

bexley

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 mhosea

mhosea

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 January 2016 - 20:04

Vanness in Little Rock has quite a few gold Bexley nibs.  #5 and 6.

Is this is a "You gotta call 'em." sort of thing?

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

Sponsored Content

#22 georgeb

georgeb

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:31

Is this is a "You gotta call 'em." sort of thing?

They have a web site: www.vanness1938.com

#23 mhosea

mhosea

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:14

They have a web site: www.vanness1938.com

Yeah, I know.  That's the site I searched around on for in-stock Bexley gold nib units before I replied.  So where are they listed?

#24 watch_art

watch_art

Pen Making Madness

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,492 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2016 - 13:48

Call them.  I don't know if they will sell them without a pen though.  Doesn't hurt to ask.  

fpn_1432247667__cropped-20150427_0641231 sigpic14481_1.gif vanness.jpg?t=1321916122

#25 arcadeflow

arcadeflow

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2016 - 19:25

I've only found few places selling Bexley nib units. Indy-Pen-Dance and Nibs.com if I remember well. But since Bexley don't use the JoWo unit I was curious to find some different Bock units to try, specially if I could get them cheaper (under $20). Also, one of my Bexleys has silver trim so it could be nice to have a stainless Bock nib there, at least as a backup nib, if this unit style ever becomes rare.

#26 terim

terim

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,850 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2016 - 16:08

I don't know where to buy current-production units that are not Bexley-branded that fit Bexley pens, but just as a PSA for Bexley owners, I noticed that Peyton Street Pens still has some NOS 14K broad two-tone nibs in the housings that fit in Bexley pens. They are labeled "Only One Creations", no doubt purchased from the late Scott Meyer's heirs or estate.

Those nibs are Bock configured. We have been able to move the nib to JoWo housings, but as is they will not screw in to a JoWo configured section.

Teri
Teri Morris, PEYTON STREET PENS

Visit the Peyton Street Pens web site.

Instagram for Peyton Street Pens
We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.

#27 mhosea

mhosea

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 January 2016 - 23:18

Those nibs are Bock configured. We have been able to move the nib to JoWo housings, but as is they will not screw in to a JoWo configured section.

Teri

Hi, Teri.  JoWo housings do not fit Bexley pens.  Bexley pens use the Bock configuration.  In particular, a typical Bexley pen will use the Only One Creations nib as it is pictured.

#28 terim

terim

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,850 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 January 2016 - 18:20

Hi, Teri.  JoWo housings do not fit Bexley pens.  Bexley pens use the Bock configuration.  In particular, a typical Bexley pen will use the Only One Creations nib as it is pictured.

Hi Mike-

In my last correspondence with Howard Levy about the Columbus pen show model he told me:

"They take the Jowo #6 with our screw in unit. This is custom to us and not a universal standard."

So I think they use a non-standard housing, but not necessarily Bock.

I believe this might have changed over the years ....

TERI

We list new pens on the web site daily ....here's a link to the very latest additions.

#29 mhosea

mhosea

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,182 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2016 - 00:43

"They take the Jowo #6 with our screw in unit. This is custom to us and not a universal standard."[/size]

So I think they use a non-standard housing, but not necessarily Bock.

I believe this might have changed over the years ....

I bought an Only One Creations nib in the "Bock" housing from you. The housing is identical to the 30 or so Bexley nib units I have, and in fact, it is currently located in a Bexley pen, an Owner's Club 2014 to be precise, but it's been in some of my others as well.  Why don't you grab one of the Stalwarts that you have in stock and see for yourself?

Edited by mhosea, 19 January 2016 - 01:11.

#30 terim

terim

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• 1,850 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 January 2016 - 17:45

I bought an Only One Creations nib in the "Bock" housing from you. The housing is identical to the 30 or so Bexley nib units I have, and in fact, it is currently located in a Bexley pen, an Owner's Club 2014 to be precise, but it's been in some of my others as well.  Why don't you grab one of the Stalwarts that you have in stock and see for yourself?

Yep, I can confirm the Only One cReations Bock nib will fit the Bexley 2015 Columbus pen show pens ....

#31 akustyk

akustyk

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 January 2016 - 18:20

Yep, I can confirm the Only One cReations Bock nib will fit the Bexley 2015 Columbus pen show pens ....

That's good to know. Thanks, Teri.

---

Please, visit my website at http://www.acousticpens.com/

#32 ParkerQuink

ParkerQuink

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:51

Any updates on any more of this info as to which units do fit into Bexley? Is it really a Jowo/Boch combination?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bexley

Sponsored Content

|