The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Cross Botanica - Fine Vs Medium Nib

cross botanica nib fine medium

2 replies to this topic

#1 nomiree

nomiree

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:29

I'm very much a fountain pen newbie, only owning one fountain pen to date.  However, I am looking to purchase a Cross Botanica pen, but am undecided on whether to go fine or medium nib.  Normally, I like broader nibs because I like a very smooth flow and hate scratchiness.  But I am also leaning towards the fine nib to have some variety, as my current pen is a waterman medium, which I find quite bold. I am struggling to find any comparisons between the nibs, and was wondering if anyone had any first-hand experience with either/both and any samples that they were willing to share to help me make a decision.

I believe that the Botanica is a stylised version of the Century II(??) so I'm assuming that those nibs would be relatively similar if nobody has actually used the botanica style.

Thanks in advance for any help - it is very much appreciated!

Sponsored Content

#2 max dog

max dog

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2015 - 19:53

I find the m nib on my century 2 noticeably smoother than the fine. If your taste is for broader lines I would would go with m for the smoothness. The f is not scratchy but has a lot more feedback.

Edited by max dog, 06 June 2015 - 19:54.

#3 nomiree

nomiree

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2015 - 22:47

I find the m nib on my century 2 noticeably smoother than the fine. If your taste is for broader lines I would would go with m for the smoothness. The f is not scratchy but has a lot more feedback.

Thank you for that.  I appreciate the feedback :)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cross, botanica, nib, fine, medium

Sponsored Content

|