Midland Pen Show - Lichfield, Uk

ianpw

So who's coming to the show? Almost time for our longest running pen show - The Midland takes place on Sunday 21st. June 10:00 - 4:00pm. Once again our venue will be Lichfield's historic Guildhall. The Midland is a fantastic show in a beautiful,ancient small city full of charm and culture, great restaurants and pubs. The venue has its own gaol for you to visit!

All of Lichfields historic attractions are within an easy stroll of the venue so you can gorge yourself on pens then pop out for a little cultural stroll and then back to the show to gorge on some more pens - sounds good doesnt it! If you are tempted to come for the weekend then the gang will be meeting up at the George Hotel at 7:00pm on Saturday and then we'll go on somewhere local for dinner, you are welcome to join us, however I will have to book a table for dinner so please let me know if you wish to join us for that part of the evening.

Ian

UK Pen Shows

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• david6

• da vinci

• CasmiUK

• alexhondsmerk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be there, definitely! Got my hotel booked so I can join you all for dinner on Saturday as well.

Can't wait!

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

I'm booked into The George and looking forward to the pre show dinner on Saturday evening.

David

Hi,

I will be coming to the show and wondered if there will be any nibmeisters there? Also anyone who is well known for Pelikans?

Any information appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi Mike

Oxonian (John Sorowka) is usually at the Midlands show though DON'T call him a nibmeister, people have died for less :yikes: Can't help with the Pelikan dealers though there were plenty of Pelikan's for purchase at the last show.

David

Work has spilt into my weekends of late. I really hope I can get to this show. Never been to this particular one before. Heard good things about it and with it being the oldest established, I really hope to make it, if only for an hour or two.

Pavoni.

I wish I could, I've got exams the day after though! So long as it's the same time next year I should be on holiday then.

Lives 50 yards away from the Guildhall, will be 4500 miles away this weekend. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Namru

STOP PRESS

I'm not going :(

In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro.

Well, thats the hard part of the weekend over - the pre show drinks and dinner at the George and once again Oxonian and Ghigwell Dave (David6) led me astray - the after dinner brandies were my undoing. We were a few down on the numbers but that didn't stop the party atmosphere or should I say raucous atmosphere but Ann and I survived without being thrown out of the restaurant!! The resaurant was Darwins at the George hotel, excellent food, exemplary service and persevering fellow diners. We've awarded Darwins 9/10 and we'll be here next year - if they'll have us!!

I've just got to struggle on for another hour or so then up at 6:00 am, pack the car and then its SHOW TIME!

Hope to see you later today. by the way if anyone wants nibs looked at by Oxonian my advice is to leave it for an hour or so before you hit his table!

Ian

UK Pen Shows.

The Lichfield show, as always, was wonderful. I must admit I did leave very early....I had to leave before I bought again!

Now all I have to do is figure out which inks to fill them with first.

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

Really enjoyed the Lichfield show. Perfect location, great to meet up with friends and a wonderful selection of pens to look at (and buy). Thanks to the show organisers Ian and Jeremy for putting on a great show for us.

Good day out yesterday for the Worcester Pen Company meeting and chatting with all the usual suspects. One of my favorite shows on the UK pen show circuit set in a stunning venue with wooden paneling and stained glass windows. Iv'e include a few pictures taken with my old i-phone taken late in the day as the show was beginning to wind down. Not many fountain pens left on the Worcester Pens table.

post-9971-0-42290200-1434985995_thumb.jpg

post-9971-0-75676800-1434986011_thumb.jpg

post-9971-0-12006500-1434986022_thumb.jpg

post-9971-0-28394400-1434986041_thumb.jpg

post-9971-0-45336300-1434986219_thumb.jpg

<span style='font-family: Verdana'>Do not worry keep going.</span><a href='http://www.worcesterpencompany.co.uk' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>My website</a>

Good day out yesterday for the Worcester Pen Company meeting and chatting with all the usual suspects. One of my favorite shows on the UK pen show circuit set in a stunning venue with wooden paneling and stained glass windows. Iv'e include a few pictures taken with my old i-phone taken late in the day as the show was beginning to wind down. Not many fountain pens left on the Worcester Pens table.

Lovely pictures, and it looks like a beautiful venue with plenty of stalls to peruse! Definitely going to come up next year.