Opinions On White Pens, Would You Buy One?

The Blue Knight

Yeay! You'll love it!

By the way, a fellow FPN member is selling the eggshell/ rhodium Sapporo--I believe the currency exchange rate is favorable to you. :happy:

I made the same vow about 3 pens ago, but I don't know if the stark white or ivory Sapporos can wait, and there's a (black)
Montblanc 90th Anniversary 149 in rose gold nib & trim calling out to me in despair.

I'm quit amused by this thread how it's not only made me realise I needed a white pen. Which I've really enjoyed for the last week. It has helped persuade a few others!

Here is mine

post-52604-0-46418000-1433755739.png

This photo of the Faber Castell shows it off in a way that tempts me so!

Edited by haruka337

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Manalto

• Bex66

• Frank C

• Barkingpig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had the same thing happen to me several times when trying to order this FP online, and, always, the Pelikan M400 Tortoise White was out of stock. I finally purchased it from a seller who sold it for $77 more than any other vendor, but he was the only one that I contacted who actually had it. -_-

*Have you seen this Sailor Sapporo in stark white and gold trim? Or this one in ivory and gold trim? If you don't dig the gold trim, how about a Sailor Sapporo in egg shell white with rhodium trim? Oooooooooh... TAKE MAH MONEY, SAILOR!

Well I hope your phone order goes well!

*Edited to make make ya go broke. :P

Ooooh these are gorgeous!! I LOVE white and gold trim. So stunning. hahahhaha, Sailor can take my money too :D

Oooooo, and oooo again.

'Edited to make me broke' is right ;)

The eggshell/ rhodium Sapporo is gorgeous. I usually prefer rhodium trim, but not exclusively (hence the Pelikan) I haven't seen that Sapporo here in the UK. I'm also fancying a demonstrator Sapporo. My Pro Gear Slim II is currently my favourite pen....possibly until my M400 tortoise arrives.

YES - I phoned up and ordered the M400 white/tortoise, fine nib yesterday. It's hopefully being checked today for dispatch and arrival in another day or so.

Sooooo, I vowed not to buy any more FPs this year, or to sell one first. But I like all my pens, so I don't want to sell any :(

:)

Oh yayy, good news! I think you'll love it. I second everything Haruka said about the nibs and about the looks of this gorgeous pen. I bought the matching ballpoint because it's that pretty :)

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the giant, beautiful ASA Porus yet. As it happens, I just (finally) wrote mine dry, and for a giant eyedropper it was splendidly behaved. Never a stray mark on the paper. Well balanced (unposted) with a huge, very smooth and precise nib.

ron

Thank you Haruka337 & Feathers.

I've looked at the white Sapporo. It is a good price. However, I am going to resist. I really can't afford any more pens for a while! I like the ivory too.

I'm getting really excited about the arrival of my M400 tomorrow. No doubt it will arrive while I'm at work, so I'll have to wait until Thursday morning to collect it from the post office.

(Then I'll just want to play with it at work, instead of earning my wage!)

Oh, that's an amazing price. Don't you get hammered for import tax, though? I suppose it is still considerably cheaper than any seller here in the UK, even with £10 tax!

I paid £35 for my white Prera 2 weeks ago! :(

Just ended up finding a deal on the white tortoise M400 that I couldn't refuse :D

Yeay! You'll love it!

By the way, a fellow FPN member is selling the eggshell/ rhodium Sapporo--I believe the currency exchange rate is favorable to you. :happy:

I made the same vow about 3 pens ago, but I don't know if the stark white or ivory Sapporos can wait, and there's a (black) Montblanc 90th Anniversary 149 in rose gold nib & trim calling out to me in despair.

This photo of the Faber Castell shows it off in a way that tempts me so!

I think the owner has already put it up for sale, after 2 weeks ownership. Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

White for fountain pens is not my cup of tea, but I have seen some nice looking white ones in my travels... gold trim they look elegant and feminine in my opinion.

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

• 5 months later...

I've bought some already. I like white pens.

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/7856/3uJ2bx.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img910/5096/6wXhSR.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img905/2129/paulTg.jpg

(Montegrappa Parola, Jinhao, Kaweco Skyline, Caran d'Ache 844 pencil)

I don't own a white pen but I'd certainly buy one. Especially one with black furniture.

Of course! My current white legion consists of Kaküno, Décimo, and M400. Oh, and M100 is on the way. Some care is necessary so the pens don't get stained but they are definitely worth it. :)

I have a white Delta Unica. There is something about the white, which is very slightly translucent that does not seem pleasing with the Ink showing s bit. Purely aesthetic consideration. So no, I will not buy another white pen.

HLW III

/Users/harrywarren/Desktop/IMG_0742.JPG

I played it safe. The white pen I bought was a Cross Solo for which I paid $10. When it became ink-stained and when the ink wouldn't come all the way off with water and elbow grease, I used a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Worked every time. Of course, I wouldn't use something like that on an expensive pen or even a moderately-priced one But then again, I would never buy a pen like that and choose white as its color.

I love the smell of fountain pen ink in the morning.

I never had a white pen, but I'd been thinking about one off and on for a while. A couple of months ago I decided to pull the trigger and get the piano white Lamy Dialog 3 (thanks Fontoplumo!) It looks great and is really nice to use with lighter blue inks, Herbin Bleu Pervenche being a current fave.

I got a Pelikan M200 in white and also the same pen in red. I can switch caps and bodies to have a red/white and a white/red at the same time.

Regards

Jeff

• 2 months later...

Hello all. I'm new here and have been reading this thread for two days now. I would really like to find the right Sailor pen for me *and* I would love a white pen with rose gold accents.

This led me to the white Sailor with pink gold which seems to be hard to come by, but not impossible. I also looked up the Parker Sonnet pearl with rose gold accents. I would love to hear thoughts on these two pens.

In the end I'll have a Sailor and a white pen..... It's just a matter of finding the right pen or pens.

Thank you for any replies.

....... I would really like to find the right Sailor pen for me *and* I would love a white pen with rose gold accents.

This led me to the white Sailor with pink gold which seems to be hard to come by, ......

Engeika has two white Sailor models but one never knows if he really has them : )

This is the very beautiful more expensive option ...

http://i.imgur.com/gVukOPV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w9o2WJi.jpg

I think twsbi must have been influenced by it when they produced the rose gold mini ...

http://i.imgur.com/oD3hkqM.jpg

Yes! That looks like such a beauty in the picture. I wonder if it's as amazing in person...... If it's worth an effort and a wait to have one.....

I searched about a month ago for a rose gold twsbi with no luck. It's also pretty.