Opinions On White Pens, Would You Buy One?

The Blue Knight

i had a parker with a white plastic barrel. the areas on the barrel that came into contact with my hand turned yellow within a year, while the rest of the barrel remained white. some might say patina, but i found it unsightly.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Manalto

• Bex66

• Frank C

• Barkingpig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

White white? No. Creamy, off white, patterned, pearlescent? Depends. There's the staining & dirt factor, but brighter white pens just tend to turn me off.

My third FP was a Lamy Safari in white and I really enjoyed it. But it lasted just a few weeks, until it was confiscated by my YL. Good thing is she was conversed and now she's a kind of enabler for more ink and pens :)

Ondoros are very nice, but I find hard to justify a steel nib + a converter... but the orange one is always tempting me.

Edited by tinto

My third FP was a Lamy Safari in white and I really enjoyed it. But it lasted just a few weeks, until it was confiscated by my YL. Good thing is she was conversed and now she's a kind of enabler for more ink and pens :)

Ondoros are very nice, but I find hard to justify a steel nib + a converter... but the orange one is always tempting me.

I actually like steel nibs and Faber Castell makes some of the best. I also like pens with converters; they are much easier to clean. I also like gold nibs, piton fillers, and vacuum fillers, I guess that I like most fountain pens.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

When I first got back into fountain pens (2010?) in a big way the Waterman Charleston was a beautiful pen offered in white. There were reports/rumors that the white finish was easily stained by any number of inks. Since then I have astutely avoided any white pen in fear of said stains. And yet.....I keep my eye on the Sailor white with rose gold furnishings - beautiful and still WANT IT!!

I like white pens but I look upon them as summertime pens. After Labor Day write the ink out of them, clean them and wait until Memorial Day to bring them out again.

It's the only color that has a seasonal appeal for me

As for summer pens there is a link for summer inks

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/290264-summer-inks/

Edited by PS104

A white pen is something I'd like to have. Something with simple design and geometry, like that FC or a Safari as unclepoop says.

Like them.

http://www.fototime.com/3C60556BDABD4CF/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/B133262F36F9119/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/03CE27FBA9315F5/large.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/DFF209ED3DB9153/standard.jpg

Gorgeous collection!

The pelikan white tortoise m400 and m600 are my very first fountain pens. After that these pens multiply like rabbits. Go for it!

I decide to go for it. This post definitely put my mind at ease.

I actually like steel nibs and Faber Castell makes some of the best. I also like pens with converters; they are much easier to clean. I also like gold nibs, piton fillers, and vacuum fillers, I guess that I like most fountain pens.

From a strictly funcional point of view, I'm reluctant to pay $140 on a pen that offers more or less the same than more basic range of Faber Castell... but that orange Ondoro looks so good...

I decide to go for it. This post definitely put my mind at ease.

We all know you have made up your mind in the deepest of your heart even before you starting this post. You just need a pill or two placebos to comfort your "guilty". Well, you know, welcome to the National Placebo Factory...(:

Yeah. Have a white Cross pen ( can't remember the model off-hand ) and a white Pilot MR Animal. Not my favorite color but both very nice writers.

David

For so long as one hundred men remain alive,we shall never under any conditions submit to the

domination of the English. It is not for glory or riches or honours that we fight, but only for liberty, which

no good man will consent to lose but with his life.

Now I'm starting to wonder what colour ink would compliment a white pen?

Edit grammer

Edited by The Blue Knight

Know? Oh, probably any color that possesses a little charm.

"Hey there, white pen, you're looking lean and fabulous."

Edited by Manalto

James

If staining the section is the main issue putting people off white pens, what's wrong with a white cartridge pen or a pen with a contrasting section?

I admit I have a white and gold Parker 100 that I've never used for fear of staining, but I also use a white Cross ATX and a white Kaweco Sport as daily go to pens. The Cross, which I use with a convertor has no signs of any staining on the section, as yet, and I've kept that one inked up consistently for four or five years now.

A good friend of mine has a white Lamy Safari, and he believed that there are 2 ways to care for a white pen. The first being the thoroughly and frequently clean the grip and inside the cap. The second belief was to intentionally dye it blue with bay state blue. My friend is a bit lazy and his idea about dyeing it didn't works so great, so he now has a blue-ish/white Safari, but he now doesn't have to worry about keeping it clean. But Safari and an Ondoro are in different price ranges, so if I had a white one, I would clean the grip and inside the cap regularly.