Perfumed Pen: How To Get Rid Of Odor

dms525

It's really just 3 days of active work on the problem.

David

!?

Now are you going to try the time tested tequnique of just letting it air out and waiting?

Note to self: don't try to fix anything without the heat gun handy!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dms525

• torstar

• ironwampa

• gordonhooker

!?

Now are you going to try the time tested tequnique of just letting it air out and waiting?

Hmmm ... Yes! That's what I'm doing. It's a "time tested technique," after all. (And I thought I was just too busy with other stuff to mess with it some more right now.) :rolleyes:

In medicine, we call this treatment "tincture of time."

David

If all else fails time normally heals everything.... unless it doesn't of course :)

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

bugger should have looked at the last post first.... :)

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

It IS like chelating lead; great analogy. Wish I had a truly helpful suggestion, but it sounds like a matter of applying liberal amounts of "tincture of time" and refilling the script as often as needed.

Reminds me a lot of the time I was correcting at home some student papers in general chemistry. My wife handed me a glass of cognac (just one, and small) as she was celebrating something at her job. Of course, when the dog jostled my arm for attention the cognac spilled over all the papers.

Talk about perfumed. I aired the papers for over two weeks, even trying outside in the sun. But nothing would remove the smell, and finally, I could no longer put off returning the papers. Several older students were spot on, immediately guessing the source of the "bouquet."

At the end of the semester, the class gave me a gift of a bottle of cognac, so I assume there were no hard feelings!

You indeed have my sympathies!

Brian

If it was me, I'd be trying to preserve the scent rather than eradicate it. I'd also likely be trying to figure out the name of the perfume.

On skin, perfume will rarely last more than a day, usually less than 12 hours. Body heat accelerates the evaporation of the scent. It's summer now, so keeping the pen uncapped in the warmest part of the house should solve your problem fairly quickly.

On reading and considering the last three comments and combining their suggestions, I am thinking about soaking the section in cognac rather than baking soda. :lticaptd: ;) :rolleyes:

David

I knew if I thought about for a while and think out of the box I could come up with a solution to this question....

Here you go.....

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa33/gordonhooker/gasmask_zpsg3sw43zb.jpg

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς