The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Perfumed Pen: How To Get Rid Of Odor

perfume odor

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 ironwampa

ironwampa

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:29

It's really just 3 days of active work on the problem.

David

!?

Now are you going to try the time tested tequnique of just letting it air out and waiting?

Note to self: don't try to fix anything without the heat gun handy!

Sponsored Content

#22 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:36

!?

Now are you going to try the time tested tequnique of just letting it air out and waiting?

Hmmm ... Yes! That's what I'm doing. It's a "time tested technique," after all. (And I thought I was just too busy with other stuff to mess with it some more right now.)  :rolleyes:

In medicine, we call this treatment "tincture of time." 

David

#23 GordonOZ

GordonOZ

Chief Plumber

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:14

If all else fails time normally heals everything.... unless it doesn't of course :)

Nature is the one song of praise that never stops singing. - Richard Rohr

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

#24 GordonOZ

GordonOZ

Chief Plumber

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:15

bugger should have looked at the last post first.... :)

Poets don't draw. They unravel their handwriting and then tie it up again, but differently. - Jean Cocteau

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

#25 Brianm_14

Brianm_14

Write like no one is watching

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2015 - 22:39

It IS like chelating lead; great analogy. Wish I had a truly helpful suggestion, but it sounds like a matter of applying liberal amounts of "tincture of time" and refilling the script as often as needed.

Reminds me a lot of the time I was correcting at home some student papers in general chemistry. My wife handed me a glass of cognac (just one, and small) as she was celebrating something at her job. Of course, when the dog jostled my arm for attention the cognac spilled over all the papers.

Talk about perfumed. I aired the papers for over two weeks, even trying outside in the sun. But nothing would remove the smell, and finally, I could no longer put off returning the papers. Several older students were spot on, immediately guessing the source of the "bouquet."

At the end of the semester, the class gave me a gift of a bottle of cognac, so I assume there were no hard feelings!

You indeed have my sympathies!
Brian

#26 Nomad

Nomad

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2015 - 23:30

If it was me, I'd be trying to preserve the scent rather than eradicate it. I'd also likely be trying to figure out the name of the perfume.

On skin, perfume will rarely last more than a day, usually less than 12 hours.  Body heat accelerates the evaporation of the scent. It's summer now, so keeping the pen uncapped in the warmest part of the house should solve your problem  fairly quickly.

#27 torstar

torstar

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 14:54

hammer it with a better scent, maybe Aqua Velva blue colour?

#28 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2015 - 22:35

On reading and considering the last three comments and combining their suggestions, I am thinking about soaking the section in cognac rather than baking soda.  :lticaptd:  ;)  :rolleyes:

David

#29 GordonOZ

GordonOZ

Chief Plumber

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2015 - 22:50

I knew if I thought about for a while and think out of the box I could come up with a solution to this question....

Here you go.....

gasmask_zpsg3sw43zb.jpg

Ο Θεός μ 'αγαπάς

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: perfume, odor

Sponsored Content

|