The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Noodler's Ink - Bad Blue Heron

ink review noodlers ink

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 neotobeo

neotobeo

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:18

Excellent blue for use in hospital - permanent ink.

Sponsored Content

#22 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:29

Haha. Really? I don't know if that's good or bad.

Good, definitely good!

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#23 AgentVenom

AgentVenom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2015 - 04:08

Good, definitely good!

Thank you.

Freedom lies in being bold - Robert Frost

#24 AndyYNWA

AndyYNWA

Collectors Item

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:05

Strange...  I got my sample of BBH today and inked up my pen straight away.

Quite dissapointed. Mine is not as dark as yours, not by far. Mine is more turquoise, and looks quite faded. I didn't expect a dark blue, but definetly a darke blue than what I got.

Also the nib creep is terrible on my Lamy AL-star F, but I've heard that it's quite common with the bulletproofs.

YNWA     JFT96

Instagram: inkyandy

#25 J85909266

J85909266

Fountain Blade

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2015 - 03:16

I have an older bottle that is a very dark, attractive color. I did notice in a newer sample that I got from a goulet sample bundle that it was much greener and less attractive. Noodler's can be very inconsistent in this aspect.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

#26 crossstick

crossstick

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:07

Livening up this post from the past for current inquirers.  Noodler's BBH is now definitely a teal in most of my pens.  I tried a bottle in a retail shop and ordered one online.  Both are in the green class vs dark blue.  It is amazing how different this ink appears coming out of different pens.  But it is in the teal direction from them all.  Online color samples from Goulet, JetPens, etc do not reflect the current color of this ink.  But I love teal and the permanence of several Noodlers.

#27 thudthwacker

thudthwacker

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 March 2020 - 16:42

I just filled from a sample a few days ago, and I've got a moderately dark medium blue -- I can see little, if any, green in it.  I like it a lot, but man, looking at other peoples' pictures and hearing other peoples' descriptions, I'm almost inclined to think I got a mislabeled sample.  But consistency seems to be a bit of a bugbear for Noodler's, so in general, if I get an ink from Noodler's that I like (whether or not it's what I expected), I just enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink review, noodlers ink

Sponsored Content

|