The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Which Conid? Regular Or Minimalistica?

conid bulkfiller minimalistica

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 FountainPages

FountainPages

Runs With Sharp Pens!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2015 - 21:52

Just an update...My Conid Minimalistica ( a standard pen, with steel Peter Bock in Fine) arrived last week. It is indeed almost the same size as the Mb 146 and every bit as nice or nicer a pen. Review coming soon.

letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

Sponsored Content

#42 captain1796

captain1796

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 June 2015 - 17:57

Here is a very quick sample of the f/EF 18k stub by Francis with sapphire blue Diamine on SN2 Paper which is amazing stuff. Sorry for the scribble.

Attached Images

• image.jpg

#43 FountainPages

FountainPages

Runs With Sharp Pens!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2015 - 00:29

I take exception to the notion that the Minimalistica is a cheap pen and one would rather a 25 dollar Lamy Safari piece of junk in it's place. I own a Minimalistica, it is a marvelous piece of engineering, the cap sets quite nicely, is firmly seated and, overall is quite a lovely writer. Granted I cannot afford the higher end pens by Conid but to denegrate and compare the Minimalisitca to a Lamy Safari shows no tact, class or anything becoming a gentleman or woman. For the record, I have both and they are indeed worlds apart.

letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

#44 captain1796

captain1796

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2015 - 20:36

I think the minimalistica does what it says..It's the conid mechanism in a package that reduces machining thus reducing cost without reducing quality.

#45 sd10521

sd10521

Vintage

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2015 - 16:00

I think the minimalistica does what it says..It's the conid mechanism in a package that reduces machining thus reducing cost without reducing quality.

The Minimalistica is more than just that.  It has the feel and balance of a much more expensive pen.

For me it's a joy to use and a bargain at that.  Just think how much Montblanc would charge for the engineering alone in this baby.

It has me giving second thought to a few more expensive pens that I own and will likely not use again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: conid, bulkfiller, minimalistica

Sponsored Content

|