Which Conid? Regular Or Minimalistica?

DWR

I'm waiting on additional nibs for my Minimalistica, one is a custom grind.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Frank C

• captain1796

• sd10521

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm waiting on additional nibs for my Minimalistica, one is a custom grind.

Please keep us informed. Writing samples and reviews would be appreciated.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

+1 on this :)

I am very tempted by one of these (indeed many of the CONID pens!) pens, but intend to buy from Francis in person if, as I hope, he is attending the LWES show later this year. Comparisons and photos with other well known makes and models would also be appreciated :)

+1 on this :)

I am very tempted by one of these (indeed many of the CONID pens!) pens, but intend to buy from Francis in person if, as I hope, he is attending the LWES show later this year. Comparisons and photos with other well known makes and models would also be appreciated :)

Where is the "LWES show"? I might try to go.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

LWES is the London Pen Show.

London Writing Equipment Society, I guess. I have heard that they have attended in the past. I can get to London fairly easily from Las Vegas—there are non-stop flights! Maybe I should look into it.

Thanks for the information. How are your Ohashidos doing?

I just looked it up. October is a busy month for me. Does the show last only one day?

The London Writing Equipment Show (LWES) Sunday 4th October 2015, 10.30am - 4.30pm

The Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury
Coram Street

London
WC1N 1HT

I just looked it up. October is a busy month for me. Does the show last only one day?

The London Writing Equipment Show (LWES) Sunday 4th October 2015, 10.30am - 4.30pm

The Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury

Coram Street

London

WC1N 1HT

Yes just one day unfortunately.

If Francis is 'watching' this thread perhaps he might confirm if he is attending this or any other European shows ? :)

Hi Conid friends !

Conid w!ill effectively participate at the "LWES" on October 4 2015.

Looking forward meeting you there!

Francis

That's wonderful, it looks like a nice size show! Francis, you might just have to bring a Bulkfiller with the Union Flag on it :)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/photoboris/LWES2009.jpg

Best regards,
Steve Surfaro
Fountain Pen Fun
Cities of the world (please visit my Facebook page for more albums)
Paris | Venezia

I received the fine/EF nib from Francis. Took about a second to install. I will get some samples up soon. Please forgive my handwriting in advance. It's not great and that's with lots of practice.

Anxious to see the sample writing with the fine and extra fine

Are they titanium gold or steel?

Hi Conid friends !Conid w!ill effectively participate at the "LWES" on October 4 2015.Looking forward meeting you there!Francis

Hope to see you there Francis :thumbup:

They are in transit as I type this, I hope they get here before the end of the week so I can work something up over the weekend.

Then hang my head in shame for my terrible writing...

I certainly don't have attractive handwriting. Most people just appreciate the fact that you wrote it. I do find that a little practice markedly improves mine. But with a little time, it just reverts to baseline.

Just picked them up today and ran off a quick sample, I'm new at doing this so if I missed something let me know and I will give it another shot.

The fine nib that came with the pen would have been my main choice if not for the skipping problems.

The extra fine has a bit of feedback / scratchiness to it but no where near some of my other pens.

EDIT:

It's only scratchy on cheap paper, on good to finer papers it is quite smooth.

The medium is likely the smoothest nib I have tried to date, I have a Montblanc 144 from the mid 50's that might come close.

Writing sample below, (sorry had difficulty trying to embed an image).

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1435105025__img_0580.jpg

Edited by sd10521

Just picked them up today and ran off a quick sample, I'm new at doing this so if I missed something let me know and I will give it another shot.

The fine nib that came with the pen would have been my main choice if not for the skipping problems.

The extra fine has a bit of feedback / scratchiness to it but no where near some of my other pens.

The medium is likely the smoothest nib I have tried to date, I have a Montblanc 144 from the mid 50's that might come close.

Writing sample below, (sorry had difficulty trying to embed an image).

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/uploads/imgs/fpn_1435105025__img_0580.jpg

Thanks for posting this. My Conid Slimline came to my house, today, but I wasn't home to sign for it. I'll be going to the post office tomorrow!

Thanks for posting this. My Conid Slimline came to my house, today, but I wasn't home to sign for it. I'll be going to the post office tomorrow!

Looking forward th hear your first impressions about it.