The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

The Sterling Pelikan Souverän M625

m625pelikanm805sterling silver souverän 146 m405 ag925

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:04

I have not seen any tarnish on the M625s. My other silver pens all tarnish. 

Thanks Frank..Feel happy now for the 625 :)

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

Sponsored Content

#42 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 16:02

Thanks Frank..Feel happy now for the 625 :)

I always assumed they had put some kind of coating on it. I bought one from Richard Binder and another one, used, from nibs.com. I've also bought several recently from Regina Martini. They are the discontinued Asian versions, and have sold at great prices. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#43 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:56

I always assumed they had put some kind of coating on it. I bought one from Richard Binder and another one, used, from nibs.com. I've also bought several recently from Regina Martini. They are the discontinued Asian versions, and have sold at great prices. 

Thanks for sharing Frank. Below was the confirmation from the Pelikan Team on the Pd coating on Ag925 sections :)

Although, earlier they had mistakenly reverted with some steel in the sections.

Screen_Shot_2015_06_29_at_3_22_45_pm.png

#44 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2015 - 13:39

Thanks for sharing Frank. Below was the confirmation from the Pelikan Team on the Pd coating on Ag925 sections :)

Although, earlier they had mistakenly reverted with some steel in the sections.

Screen_Shot_2015_06_29_at_3_22_45_pm.png

Thanks for the information from Pelikan. They are really nice pens!

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#45 Newjelan

Newjelan

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,485 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:15

What a beautiful pen

#46 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:08

What a beautiful pen

Thank you :)

#47 Bramtor

Bramtor

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2015 - 18:49

A beautiful pen and a great review

#48 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:02

A beautiful pen and a great review

Thank you for your gracious comment. It's indeed a beautiful piece of art.

#49 tungnn

tungnn

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:42

I got my MINT 625 at a crazy deal of USD355 a year ago. The pen's factory nib is 14K, F grade, but I am not satisfied with nib performance (6/10 score on my scale). I installed Bock 180 titanium, F grade instead and tuned it to perfection. Matt grey color of titanium nib might spoil the pen's handsome appearance a little, but nib performance is awesome. Here is a picture of my new M625.

Link: https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

(Sorry I can not find the way to post an image in the forum)

#50 jips123

jips123

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2016 - 18:37

I have one, but the cap is without lines. It's smooth silver. The cap is prone to unscrew itself at times which is annoying. Nice writer with quite a bit of heft. Nib is rigid.

#51 stephanos

stephanos

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2016 - 18:55

Thanks for a great review.

I have held one of these in my hand, and have written with it. It is indeed a pleasant writing experience. Even the metal section is comfortable (I usually don't like metal sections).

However, you have to write unposted. As mentioned in the original review, the cap is heavy and posting seriously back-weights the pen. If you are a poster like me, this is a deal-breaker.

@jips123: In my experience, caps on Pelikan pens are generally more prone to unscrewing themselves than are other brands. I always carry any screw-cap Pelikans in a case or sleeve, never in a pocket.

#52 Monbla

Monbla

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2016 - 00:04

Nice review! I'm glad to see that Pelikan is still making a Sterling capped model . I got a Souverain 730 back in 1980 and it was only offered  in silver cap and blind cap with a black barrel and section.  It has the green ink view window which was used on all the Pelikans at that time. It came with a nice soft two toned 18k BB nib and the pen was the same size as the 400 of that time. Here's a pic of it :

PelikanM730Souverain1_zps8665f3f7.jpg

#53 sannidh

sannidh

Finding Eternity

• Member - Gold

• 991 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:38

I got my MINT 625 at a crazy deal of USD355 a year ago. The pen's factory nib is 14K, F grade, but I am not satisfied with nib performance (6/10 score on my scale). I installed Bock 180 titanium, F grade instead and tuned it to perfection. Matt grey color of titanium nib might spoil the pen's handsome appearance a little, but nib performance is awesome. Here is a picture of my new M625.

Link: https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

(Sorry I can not find the way to post an image in the forum)

the stone grey nibs looks great actually.

I have a Titan nib in a vac700.

I have one, but the cap is without lines. It's smooth silver. The cap is prone to unscrew itself at times which is annoying. Nice writer with quite a bit of heft. Nib is rigid.

I have also noticed the cap's leaning tendency to unscrew itself for the m805. 

But like stephanos, I like to keep it in a pen pouch while travelling.

Thanks for a great review.

I have held one of these in my hand, and have written with it. It is indeed a pleasant writing experience. Even the metal section is comfortable (I usually don't like metal sections).

However, you have to write unposted. As mentioned in the original review, the cap is heavy and posting seriously back-weights the pen. If you are a poster like me, this is a deal-breaker.

@jips123: In my experience, caps on Pelikan pens are generally more prone to unscrewing themselves than are other brands. I always carry any screw-cap Pelikans in a case or sleeve, never in a pocket.

Thank you stephanos :)

Nice review! I'm glad to see that Pelikan is still making a Sterling capped model . I got a Souverain 730 back in 1980 and it was only offered  in silver cap and blind cap with a black barrel and section.  It has the green ink view window which was used on all the Pelikans at that time. It came with a nice soft two toned 18k BB nib and the pen was the same size as the 400 of that time. Here's a pic of it :

PelikanM730Souverain1_zps8665f3f7.jpg

Lovely pen Monbla. 

Thanks for sharing :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: m625pelikanm805sterling silver, souverän, 146, m405, ag925

Sponsored Content

|