Good morning from Ottawa!
I have lurked on the site for quite awhile now and have even posted a couple of times, I decided it was high time I introduced myself in a more formal manner. I am a researcher in photonics/optics and originally was draw to fountain pens for the access to bottled ink as I was using preloaded ballpoints/gel pens at an alarming rate. I picked up a Lamy Safari demonstrator as a test and a bottle of blue waterman ink and then I suppose like most of us on here the bug bit and I have not really stopped.
While I started with Lamy I quickly branched out and have not really settled on one brand, my only real trend is towards fine nibs as I use them extensively for equations and derivations. While I "collect" pens I do not see myself as a collector per say as all of my pens are in the regular inking rotation and I try to make a point of using everything I have and only buying something I want to use. With this being said in addition to one of my Safaris my Faber-Castell Mondoro, Mont Blanc UNICEF Le Grand, Kaweco Sport and Esterbrook do seem to be inked more often than others.
In the interest of completeness below you will find my current collection of pens/inks. I look forward to being part of the community and seeing what everyone has to say.
- Cerruti 1881 - Unidentified
- Esterbrook: - Black J Double Jewels (9460 Nib (Rigid Medium / Manifold Medium), 9555 Nib (Gregg Shorthand - F), 2314 B Nib (Relief Broad Stub))
- Faber-Castell - Mondoro (Orange) -EF
- Faber-Castell - e-motion (Black Parquet) - M
- Kaweco - Sport (Black) - EF
- Kaweco - Sport (Maroon) - F
- Lamy Nibs including M, F, 1.1 Italic
- Lamy - Accent Matte
- Lamy - Al-star (Blue)
- Lamy - Al-star (Copper/Orange)
- Lamy - Nexx (grey/Green)
- Lamy - Safari (Demonstrator)
- Lamy - Safari (Black)
- Noodler Ahab (Green)
- Rotring - Core (Grey/Orange - Awaiting arrival)
- Schaeffer - Taranis - F
- Schaeffer - 300 (Red Iridescent) - M
- Scaheffer - Unidentified - M
- Waterman - Kultur (Blue Demonstrator) - M
- Waterman - Phileas (Purple/Blue Marble) - F
- Waterman - Hemisphere (All metal) - M
- J. Herbin - Eclat de Saphir
- J. Herbin - Orange Indien
- J. Herbin - Perle Noire
- J. Herbin - Rouge Opera
- Lamy - Copper Orange
- Mont Blanc - Oyster Grey
- Mont Blanc - Lavender /Purple
- Noodlers - Bulletproof Black
- Pilot Iroshizuku - Kiri-same
- Private Reserve - Avacado
- Private Reserve - Black Cherry
- Sailor - Blue/BLack
- Waterman - Intense Black
Edited by snewman, 31 May 2015 - 16:18.