An Open Letter To Noodlers

Bklyn

Dear Noodlers:

I rushed home today all excited because I ordered my first Noodlers Ink called Bay State Blue.

I was so excited to see the box from Goulet Pens in the mailbox and I opened it so carefully.

I held it in my hand and let the kitchen window sunlight try to filler through the dark liquid and all of a sudden the idea of the day hit me; lets open it and take a look inside at the ink. Clever huh? Here is where things begin to go bad.

Upon opening the aforementioned bottle, I noticed it was filled to the very tippy top of the rim. Honestly, you could not get one more molecule of ink inot this bottle. I stood perfectly still but felt a slight tickle in my throat due to allergies that often hit us in the northeast this time of year and I coughed.

This was not good.

Please allow me to give you a list of the things in my home that are now Bay State Blue:

My dishes, the sink, my hands, (Including fingers) the new forks and knives, the cutting board, a child's toy that was in the sink for lord knows what reason and part of the tuna I was using to make a salad, along with my wife elbow, her left foot and the cabinet handles above the sink, below the sink and the light switch. Let us not forget the rug in front of the sink and the floor along with other kitchen implements of which I simply do not understand what they do.

It has been an interesting few hours here and my wife has finally stopped threatening me with her wooden mallet. (Yes, it is now blue as well.)

Please send kitchen stuff to my house ASAP and I am sure that there will be no further action required. I will give my wife a week to calm down and if not, you might have to send a new wife as well.

Warmest personal regards,

Bay State Blue Bklyn

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bklyn

• Ink Stained Wretch

• pepsiplease69

• Frank C

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Always take Zyrtec before opening a new bottle of ink.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

LOL

A word to the wise: Clorox.

Don't ask how I know.

Clorox indeed. Word to the wise taken!

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

Always take Zyrtec before opening a new bottle of ink.

This is not a bad idea.

BSB is a stainer, alright. If you're not aware, alcohol will also take out the stains with a bit of rubbing. Not sure about the carpet, though.

Edited by TheRealScubaSteve

BSB is a stainer, alright. If you're not aware, alcohol will also take out the stains with a bit of rubbing. Not sure about the carpet, though.

Alcohol is a great idea. If there is any left after ai drink it, I will use it to clean up.

I always respect the fact that Nathan fills his ink bottles to the brim. He is trying to provide good value in his product. I open the bottles on my flat kitchen counter with a double paper towel underneath. We have all had BSB incidents before, though probably not on the scale of yours.

Do you have any photos?

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

My bottle of Noodlers was not full like everyone else talks about. It was filled to about 3 or 4 mm below the rim not unlike any other bottle if ink from other brands.

Dear Noodlers:

I rushed home today all excited because I ordered my first Noodlers Ink called Bay State Blue.

I was so excited to see the box from Goulet Pens in the mailbox and I opened it so carefully.

I held it in my hand and let the kitchen window sunlight try to filler through the dark liquid and all of a sudden the idea of the day hit me; lets open it and take a look inside at the ink. Clever huh? Here is where things begin to go bad.

Upon opening the aforementioned bottle, I noticed it was filled to the very tippy top of the rim. Honestly, you could not get one more molecule of ink inot this bottle. I stood perfectly still but felt a slight tickle in my throat due to allergies that often hit us in the northeast this time of year and I coughed.

This was not good.

Please allow me to give you a list of the things in my home that are now Bay State Blue:

My dishes, the sink, my hands, (Including fingers) the new forks and knives, the cutting board, a child's toy that was in the sink for lord knows what reason and part of the tuna I was using to make a salad, along with my wife elbow, her left foot and the cabinet handles above the sink, below the sink and the light switch. Let us not forget the rug in front of the sink and the floor along with other kitchen implements of which I simply do not understand what they do.

It has been an interesting few hours here and my wife has finally stopped threatening me with her wooden mallet. (Yes, it is now blue as well.)

Please send kitchen stuff to my house ASAP and I am sure that there will be no further action required. I will give my wife a week to calm down and if not, you might have to send a new wife as well.

Warmest personal regards,

Bay State Blue Bklyn

That's assuming you are still alive :)

Thanks for sharing - I really enjoyed that (sorry :P )!

Yes, well, those very full bottles - you are not alone; I was not wearing my reading glasses when I opened my first bottle of Eel Black, so I just plunged the huge nib of an X450 right into the bottle... :yikes:

And that specific colour - BSB - I seem to recall that BS is an acronym for something in English, or am I mistaken :P

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them - Dave Berry

Min danske webshop med notesbøger, fyldepenne og blæk

...alcohol will also take out the stains with a bit of rubbing. Not sure about the carpet, though.

Tried it with alcohol. Few stiff glasses of scotch. 'hips', nod zo schure id izz a good idea. At least I don't care aboud the stainzzzzz

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

On a bright note, you may have just convinced your wife to let you try some new inks that are not as staining! You could start "to avoid having that happen again, we should buy some different inks. How about we try Iroshizuku, Mont Blanc..."

Buzz

I'm sorry it happened to you, Bklyn, but BSB has a tendency to do that to people, unfortunately. Your post made me really giggle like a school girl (sorry!). I had an incident a while ago that involved BSB, white leather couch, and blue tongue on a dog, but thankfully it wasn't too catastrophic as your incident.

I think all absorbent things like your rug will have to be either trashed, or dye it blue with the rest of the bottle of BSB, or if it is made of cotton, cut up and used as ink rag. For non-absorbent surfaces, you could try mild bleach solution and/or alcohol (depending on paintwork/material of course) which I find work well.

First order of business is to promise to your wife that you will get her the kitchen appliance that she has always wanted (in the colour that she wants). It doesn't matter how many appliances/gadgets she already has. There is always something else that she wants.

After that, it may be beneficial for your health for you to not talk much about pens and inks in front of your wife for a couple of weeks, but when she's not around the corner, you have to ink up a pen with BSB! And enjoy the eyeball popping brightness! ;)

The love/hate descriptive for BSB has claimed yet another. But you don't say...did you have enough left over to ink a pen and find the love?

I have to confess: I laughed heartily at your mishap and misery. So, so sorry :lticaptd:

There's always a lot of talk about whether various Noodler's inks are safe to use in fountain pens. With BSB, the only rule you have to follow is to leave the cap on the bottle. Admittedly, you will not be able to use the ink, but you still can admire the label and the simple utility of the bottle. Since I started following this rule, I have not had any staining from BSB whatsoever.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.