The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ink Sac For An Osmiroid 65

osmiroid sac

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 henkc

henkc

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:51

This morning I picked up an Osmiroid 65 which I bought through a local auction site.

I enquired about the condition of the mechanism and was told that it was working fine, which appears to be the case, except that there is no sac. The nib seems to be in good condition and the section and body aren't gummed up.

I have two questions as to repairing this:

1. The section screws into the body but is very stiff after it's screwed in most of the way. What is the best way to loosen this up? It feels as though it needs a good cleaning of the threads cleaning (if it was a piece of Land Rover, I would be cleaning up threads with taps and dies, but this may be a bit extreme on what feels like relatively old flimsy plastic).
  2. The pen came without an ink sac (which may be a blessing in disguise). Where is the best place to get one. I doubt I will be able to find one in South Africa, so I'm looking at importing.

Are there any other tips and tricks I should be aware of?

Henk

Sponsored Content

#2 PDW

PDW

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:30

You'll need a #18 sac. It should be as straightforward a job as you can get, but always have a nib in the section when removing or refitting the section into the barrel!

As for barrel/section thread stiffness, this should not need unscrewing until you're resaccing the pen next time. Warm the barrel, screw it home and leave it.

if the cap is tight when you screw it on to the pen, this seems a common problem as the plastics shrink over time. I have sometimes scraped a little plastic from the inside of the cap lip and it's helped a bit, but most of the time I seem to be stuck with the problem.

Edited by PDW, 18 June 2015 - 10:31.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: osmiroid, sac

Sponsored Content

|