I'm reviewing some of my inks. Cult Pens Deep Dark Orange was requested by mmg122
I would call it a dark or burnt orange. It's a very well behaved ink with some shading. I found it flowed smoothly across the page, and had no problems with lubrication in the pen I used. It's a very popular colour because it's a dark orange, and isn't too bright.
This ink exhibits no showthrough or bleedthrough on my Tomoe River paper. This paper is slightly thicker than the standard TR paper
DDO is a saturated ink and my fingers were stained after washing my hands.
- The water test on the review form shows this isn't a waterproof ink
- Bearing in mind the paper I use is smooth, and the nib used at that time was an Italic, this ink took 16-18 secs to dry.
- It flows through the pen well and lubricates the nib well. I saw no skips or hard starts from the Phileas. [LIST]
- It is currently available in Diamine 30ml plastic refill bottles or 80ml glass bottles
- It's only available from Cult Pens who sell it directly to customers on their web-site.
- It's a reasonably priced ink