The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Most Boring - On Emptying A Bottle Of Tsuki-Yo

• Please log in to reply
606 replies to this topic

#41 mmg122

mmg122

Mary Garavaglia

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 14:22

JMccarty3, KaB...my paternal grandparents are from Brugge. Lovely city. Enjoying this thread immensely. Says a lot about my life, I guess.

Sponsored Content

#42 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

Poetry soothes and emboldens the soul to accept mystery

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 14:46

I am certain that if you put the pictures side by side, at the end, it will be quite artistic. 

Still following. ;)

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

#43 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

There is no "c" in Sheaffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,357 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:35

JMccarty3, KaB...my paternal grandparents are from Brugge. Lovely city. Enjoying this thread immensely. Says a lot about my life, I guess.

I am as well. One of the things I like most about it is the high quality of the photography and the lighting. Look at the textures of the wall and the label on the bottle. Perhaps we could hear from the OP about the camera and lens being used while we are waiting for the next refill. :)

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

#44 FayeV

FayeV

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:56

I am certain that if you put the pictures side by side, at the end, it will be quite artistic. 

Still following. ;)

Someone get him a BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB nib. ;)

Still checking from time to time...

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

#45 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 16:09

Three refills and we're on the third page of this topic. At this rate, it will be awhile. 

I couldn't wait; I got out my bottle of Tsuki-Yo and poured it down the sink. Now I know how this topic will end. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#46 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

• 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 17:26

Someone get him a BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB nib. ;)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Absolutely!!!

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

#47 Portamenti

Portamenti

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 21:05

Subscribed

#48 rickygene

rickygene

Rare

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 21:42

Three refills and we're on the third page of this topic. At this rate, it will be awhile. 

I couldn't wait; I got out my bottle of Tsuki-Yo and poured it down the sink. Now I know how this topic will end. 

Please don't post a picture and spoil the ending for us! :-) This is better than any reality tv program out there.

Edited by rickygene, 27 June 2015 - 21:45.

#49 fountainpagan

fountainpagan

• 2,089 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:11

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I love it

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF uh2SgO.jpg

#50 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:03

I am as well. One of the things I like most about it is the high quality of the photography and the lighting. Look at the textures of the wall and the label on the bottle. Perhaps we could hear from the OP about the camera and lens being used while we are waiting for the next refill. :)

Ah, camera and lens...

Take a wild guess (FYI: not the cheapest one, not the most expensive. Must've been like €500 or so when I bought it like 2years ago)...

fpn_kab_tsuki_yo_most_boring_212x150.gif  Current rotation: home: Lamy Al-star 1.5, GvFC Moss Green; Lamy Vista 1.1, Diamine Oxblood; Sheaffer Touchdown 0.6, Sailor Kin-Mokusei

Case: Visconti HS EF, Sailor Kin-Mokusei; Estie 2314M, R&K Alt-Goldgrün; Lamy Studio 1.1, Diamine Ochre 

#51 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

• 4,357 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 16:34

Ah, camera and lens...

Take a wild guess (FYI: not the cheapest one, not the most expensive. Must've been like €500 or so when I bought it like 2years ago)...

So it's not Russian and it's not Leica or Hasselblad. Nikon or Canon, perhaps. Are you using a tripod and shutter release cable? These photos are very sharp, and I would have guessed Leica.

#52 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• 1,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 17:27

It's a Samsung S4. Held with the long side on my desk. Using daylight.  :rolleyes:

fpn_kab_tsuki_yo_most_boring_212x150.gif  Current rotation: home: Lamy Al-star 1.5, GvFC Moss Green; Lamy Vista 1.1, Diamine Oxblood; Sheaffer Touchdown 0.6, Sailor Kin-Mokusei

Case: Visconti HS EF, Sailor Kin-Mokusei; Estie 2314M, R&K Alt-Goldgrün; Lamy Studio 1.1, Diamine Ochre 

#53 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• 1,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 17:32

Well, these weeks've been slow. First I had a few pens taken care of by Fountainbel. So filled those up first (none of them with Tsuki-Yo, I have strict combinations pen-inkt). Then I just finish a week of holiday (so little writing). 

In normal times, the Vac700 (1.1 stub) with Tsuki-Yo is one of my 3 pens I take to work ( the two others vary). And, in normal conditions, a 1.5 stub Lamy vista with Tsuki-Yo is my desk pen at home. That'll have to wait a few more days till the Lamy Studio runs out of Diamine Grape.

So normally, this should be the slowest Tsuki-Yo weeks of the year.  :wacko:

#54 jmccarty3

jmccarty3

• 4,357 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 18:18

It's a Samsung S4. Held with the long side on my desk. Using daylight.  :rolleyes:

Very impressive. Just shows you what can be achieved when you eliminate camera shake.

#55 RonLyke

RonLyke

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2015 - 21:14

This is exciting.

#56 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:38

Please don't post a picture and spoil the ending for us! :-) This is better than any reality tv program out there.

I've decided it was a mistake. I went to fill a pen with Tsuki-Yo and realized I had none, just a nice, empty bottle. (Don't worry, no photos!) So I had to order a new bottle. Patience, I need more Patience!

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#57 amberleadavis

amberleadavis

Inky! En-Abe-Lawyer

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,563 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:14

I've decided it was a mistake. I went to fill a pen with Tsuki-Yo and realized I had none, just a nice, empty bottle. (Don't worry, no photos!) So I had to order a new bottle. Patience, I need more Patience!

Of course, 'cause you're a doc and docs always need more patients.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar  

Ink comparisons:  The Great PPS Comparison  366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color:  Blue Purple Brown  Red Green Dark Green Orange Black  Pinks  Yellows  Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

#58 Aurko

Aurko

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:50

This is actually a really funny and amusing idea! As others have said, keep going! 

#59 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• 1,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2015 - 18:21

This is actually a really funny and amusing idea! As others have said, keep going! 

Oh I will. I've written like 18 pages this afternoon, so the VAC starts to run low...

#60 KaB

KaB

Tsukiyonist

• Member - Gold

• 1,271 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:54

4th refill: Lamy Vista with 1.5 nib (that'll help!)

19161566909_ce91d32e92_b.jpg

Sponsored Content

|