The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Ever-Growing Collection Of Blue Uk Aero Duofolds (And A Whoopsie!)

parker duofold uk duofold ink mistake

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Traubert

Tom Traubert

Mint - both Linux and pens :)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2015 - 21:30

Hi all.

I've been collecting the UK aerometric Duofolds in blue for a while now and have so far acquired a Slimfold, a Junior, a standard Duofold (which arrived this morning) and a Duofold Senior.  I did some writing samples and took a picture of the pens to see if anyone else shared a love of them.

I also did a silly thing.  These pens are very similar looking, and the Duofold and Duofold Senior are fairly similar in terms of breadth.  I meant to fill the Duofold with Diamine Blue Black; instead I picked up the Senior, which was already quite full of Diamine Sherwood Green.  In doing so, I ruined the end of a 30ml bottle of Blue Black and created an insipid sort of teal.  I think I'm going to purchase four of the Cult Pens Deep Dark series to go with these pens as they work so well with dark colours.

POU6dJX.jpg

17948576710_8cd4dca69f_o.jpgScanned Document by jrgard82, on Flickr

Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.

Sponsored Content

#2 welch

welch

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,860 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:53

Ah, but you live in "Diamine land". Until Augist, 2013, I could walk into the great Art Brown's Penshop, in mid-town Manhattan, and see almost every ink Diamine offered!

A nice collection of UK aerometric Duofolds. I don't think Parker sold them in the US.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500

#3 Sridhar

Sridhar

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:44

The Duofold was a steal at 20 Pounds. I never manage to get such deals. I have an AF Duofold with a broad nib. You should try out the earlier duofolds - especially the big reds....I am sure you will love them.

#4 mariom

mariom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2015 - 14:18

I like them too, and now also have four aerometric pens and two matching pencils, although I'm not restricting myself to blues. In fact, I don't yet have a blue at all. I have black standard and senior, green junior and a red victory, which to my eyes is identical to the junior. 

They're good pens, and in my view, much under-appreciated.

Mario

=====================================
Mario Mirabile
Melbourne, Australia

www.miralightimaging.com

=====================================

#5 Frank C

Frank C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 May 2015 - 17:59

I like your collection of Duofolds and also the Diamine Blue-Black-Sherwood-Green. I may mix some up myself.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson "I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel
I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

#6 mitto

mitto

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,960 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2015 - 19:01

I love the English Aerometric Duofolds and have lately collected six of these. They are lovely pens.
Khan M. Ilyas

#7 johnmc2

johnmc2

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2015 - 20:33

I like them too, they are quite common in NZ. I use the Demis as work pens, I have a blue one with Diamine Denim and a red one with filtered J Herbin Rouge Hematite. They are short enough to fit into the modern business shirt pocket but are the same diameter as the standard Duofold. From a collecting point of view I like the NS and AF over the Aerometrics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, duofold, uk duofold, ink mistake

Sponsored Content

|