What Has Happened To Me?

Linedog

I thought I would be happy just writing with a FP, I just recieved a Lamy Vista. I just popped in the supplied cart of Lamy blue, it started out OK, but I don't really like the color. 3 hours later it's really starting to irritate me, to the point that I'm leaving work to go buy a blub to clean out the pen and change the ink. I keep most of my ink (2 bottles and 3 samples) at work where I have room to clean and futz with my few pens. I am starting to understand why people are so passionate over the colors of inks.

Pop Tarts and gravy, It's whats for breakfast.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Linedog

• lgsoltek

• Runnin_Ute

• kansaskyle

Nothing worse than having a full fill of an ink you hate, down the drain it goes...

http://i.imgur.com/JkyEiJW.png

Its simply you realizing that you will be making statements for the future that will survive longer than your 1s and 0s in your ipad. Might as well make that writing as enjoyable as possible with a wonderful ink and pen.

What Would The Flying Spaghetti Monster Do?

I'm going to be ok, pen's all flushed and loaded up with the last of my Private Reserve Chocolat, I can write again.

Yeah, Lamy Blue is hideous. I dumped it, too.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

I actually like Lamy blue, but there are so many BETTER looking inks out there, I never actually ink my pens with it. Well, I think I have one with it. But I'll certainly never put it in a demonstrator.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Ink color is what this venture is all about! Well, at least in the beginning. Then after time and learning, I began to really feel the differences of pens and nibs and papers....now there are so many variations that can contribute to a pleasant writing experience. Finding just the right tools to go together is part of the journey and adventure, fun and frustration of this hobby.

Exploring different inks, papers, pens and nibs, are all part of the fun. Finding what fits your tastes and writing needs are all a part of the learning process. There will be things that we try or buy we end up not liking. But then we can always share them with others who might like it.

A nice thing about cartridges is that you can use a syringe to clean them and refill with your preferred bottle ink. ;)

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

I see what you mean, I have about 6 inks on my wish list already.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

INDEED! I started reading here more than a year ago & was SURE I hated BLUE inks. I have come over to the "blue side" & indeed now appreciate several of them. Just this afternoon after receiving a bottle of ink (that has been discontinued because of the "dangers it presents to fountain pens!") I filled up a Parker 61 (recently purchased & freshly cleaned) AND can NOW see why people squealed about Parker Penman Sapphire being gone! I admit to being "abandoned & without hope" to admit I purchased an ink (at inflated cost) that had been taken off the market for "endangering" pens in a color that was NOT one of my favorites YET am quite happy! I confess to having previously acquired & used Penman Mocha & haven't seen any signs of danger after a month or more so I really didn't expect the pen to BLOW UP ..........but this is a remarkable shader & I am sure glad to have made it's acquaintance. I shall remain "hopeless BUT happy!"

Edited by Barkingpig

Welcome to the jungle!

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

It is a real struggle with me not wanting to be wasteful, but not liking an ink.

Sometimes I will just tough it out and do a bunch of writing practice to use up the ink. If it is really jarring, I'll flush and fill with something else.

"I need solitary hours at a desk with good paper and a fountain pen like some people need a pill for their health." ~ Orhan Pamuk

Something about a rabbit hole?

Welcome to the club!

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I have gone through cycles. At one point, I had about 40 some inks. Those died to the grim reaper of SitB.

Now, I think I'll just get a few basics and call it good.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan