The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Problems With A Picasso 917

picasso hood

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cursivedragon

cursivedragon

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:20

I have a Picasso 917 that I've only used for a short period of time but several problems have developed with it.  It's not a common item, but there are a few reviews here and there on FPN, hopefully someone has experience with it.

Firstly, shortly after beginning to use it, I noticed what I though were scratches on the "hood" section of the pen.  However, every once in awhile, I would notice small amounts of some transparent material flaking off of the pen, after which the degree of "scratching" would seem to decrease.  This leads me to believe that I'm not seeing scratches in the pen itself but cracks in some film or something that covers that portion of the pen.  I tried to manually remove this "film" completely to improve appearances but this has proven impossible so far.  Does anyone know what this material is and how i can remove what's left of it?

Secondly, while I was cleaning out the pen today, I noticed that the paper I was wiping it with was drawing ink out from the seam between the hood and grip, meaning there is a leak there.  Does anyone know if it is possible to remove and reattach the hood like you can with the P51?

Thanks.

Sponsored Content

#2 picassopen

picassopen

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2015 - 15:31

I think that is a serious problem and you should take it to a service center of picasso pens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: picasso, hood

Sponsored Content

|