• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fabienne

• bardharlock

• prf5

• MKB

I stopped misplacing my keys when I made a habit of always putting them in the same place when I took them out of my pocket. It just became a reflex.

With my pens, the fountain pens at least, I've got basically the same habit. The currently un-inked ones are in a number of cases. The inked ones, if they aren't in my pocket, are either in a cup on the dining room table or in a pen wrap which I don't lose track of.

If your husband likes his pens enough, it's not hard to develop habits like that, and he'll probably do so. If he doesn't care that much about them... ;)

"So convenient a thing it is to be a reasonable creature, since it enables one to find or make a reason for everything one has a mind to do."

- Benjamin Franklin

Or, a ringtop on a chain?

I was going to post this myself.

"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

I have had this problem for years. I lost a number of pens that were quite expensive in clouding an Omas that I loved. (Anyone see it?) I lost a Duofold and it broke my heart. I still look for it from time to time because it must be somewhere.

I no longer lose pens because I keep them in my backpack neatly tucked away in a pen compartment and I only take out one pen at a time.

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

bsenn, on 25 May 2015 - 16:44, said:snapback.png

Or, a ringtop on a chain?

I was going to post this myself.

Me too.

Now there are three geniuses in the room

For awhile I would mysteriously lose small items or at least I thought I was losing them, I was never able to prove it but I'm pretty sure my landlord's son was the guilty culprit, he had keys and the things that went missing were all things he would have liked the two major losses were a very nice chrome cross century desk pen and a Levenger branded Rotring 600 ballpoint pen in silver. I lost that one because it was in the computer case that went missing at the same time. These little disappearances stopped completely after the property was sold. Probably not the problem you're having but perhaps you're buying the wrong kind of pen. If he likes a good pen it's time to try and find a pen he loves instead. I tend to carry all my favorites with me even when I should probably leave them at home. Trust me I know exactly where they are! :)

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

Not having lost anything valuable in my whole life (45 years) - wristwatches, pens, sunglasses, notebooks and cell phones included - I’m not the best person to give you an advice.

Or am I? :eureka:

Edited by marcelo

Buy him Bics.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................................

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes.

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

Seriously it's the cat! Anytime a cat finds a pen behind the dresser or it is found under the chair, the cat was likely the one that caused it to go lost in the first place. I put my stuff, wallet, pen, key fob, watch in a holder at night and the cats leave them alone, however leaving a pen out on a desk, dresser, or counter out in the open is an invitation to have the cats spat it off the counter to the floor!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

+1 for not buying him any more expensive pens.

Either let him buy his own pens or only buy him cheap ones

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...................................

A Bic means excellence to me - writes consistently well all the way until it is out of ink and costs close to nothing. ;)

Or this...

fpn_1432701774__pen_bag_on_rope.jpg

Edited while I figured out how to post a picture

Edited by ClarkRatliffe

Once you present someone with a gift it belongs to them. Whatever they do with the item, it is no longer yours.

Dear Loving, Compassionate, Dutiful, Enabler wife,

Why should he care about free, disposable pens ?

STOP BUYING HIM PENS ! ! !

I haven't lost a pair of gloves, since 1960's, when parents told me to buy my own.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !