Bright Green Pen

lestylo

Hi Pen folk.

I’m looking for an attractive new emerald green FP. Bright green, not too dark like hunter green or too drab like olive green. Not more than $175, but if it is amazing, I will go a bit higher. Prefer all acrylic resin because that is usually the brightest, but a combo of acrylic and silver might work too.

Any suggestions? Photos would be great!

Thank you.

Nonna

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lestylo

• sombrueil

• sidthecat

• Mannyonpil

Top Posters In This Topic

If you google "green fountain pen" images, you will have lots of pens to look at.

When i heard Green fountain pen, the first brand comes to my mind is Pelikan. Gosh, i love their green.

Franklin Christoph has a variety of their models in an emerald green color. From what I remember, their model 02 and 66 desk pen come in that color. I've never seen it in person but it might be worth taking a look.

Not sure how you define "bright green" or how committed you are to a solid rather than a mottled/marled pen body or a demonstrator but it seems like a case of you'll know it when you see it.

I always ask about green pens when I'm at a pen store but I think we're chasing different shades of green. Unfortunately very few companies still produce them and I've been told there's not much demand for them. Pelikan has done a few that are over your price range (in the m600, Green 'o Green or Vibrant Green) in addition to the "classic" green-binde pen. There's a metallic green in the Pilot Vanishing Point line that's within your price range, though it has a black nib and clip. I've seen it in person and I'm not sure I'd call it "vibrant" but you might like it

You might consider looking at the Platinum Celluloid in Jade (still available for just over $200 from some vendors- I have one and like it very much), browse the Italian pen companies as they do bright pens (maybe a Visconti Van Gogh Irises or this very over-budget Omas ? http://www.nibs.com/Omas-Ogiva-Vision-Green-LE.html ) If you're lucky you might also be able to buy a discontinued Sailor Magellan in green.
There are also some nice demonstrator options, including one from Pelikan and a few models from Sailor. They don't have a vibrant green pen but If you like bright acrylic pens with good nibs you should check out THINK pens too http://thinkpens.com/

good luck!

If you have the patience to hunt for a vintage pen, a lot of jade/emerald-green pens were made in the 30s. I have a pretty little Moore ringtop that's kept its color very well.

Scriptorium has some bright greens...some samples were posted in the oen making sub-forum

A lifelong FP user...

Thank you all for your suggestions. I was looking at Scriptorium and got a bit sidetracked by the beautiful “Scribe”. Well, maybe that is for another day. Wish I still had my gorgeous green Patrician.

Nonna

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I finally found one: a green Laban Celebration. Exactly the color I was looking for and at a very low price.

Thanks again for all the suggestions.