The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Experience Or Writing Sample Of 'extra Extra Broad' Nib Modern Duofold Centennial ?

duofold centennial 3b ob ib

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DanceOfLight

DanceOfLight

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 May 2015 - 20:37

Dear all,

I am about to request a nib-exchange for my Parker Centennial and was wondering if someone among the parker usergroup could share their experience or writing sample comparing the the Broad Italic, Broad Oblique, Extra extra broad . I tend to prefer the broadest oblique Italic or stub nibs, but not at the cost of broad... given that Parker do not have an OBB or O3B on offer :( :angry:  , I'll have to settle for one of the IB,OB or 3B :wacko: which puts me in a quandry. 

would be fantastic if one of you experienced folks could share a writing sample comparing the any/all of the 3 nibs or share your experience in words (Line width, smoothness, Line-variation, spring, flex etc). Note : I dont have the quid for a custom grid by a nibmeister (but I might dare to do it myself at a later date...) . Note-2 : Parker team replied to my query with the following options : extra fine, broad, Needle Point, Fine Italic, Medium Italic, Broad Italic, Fine Oblique, Medium Oblique, Broad Oblique, Medium Reverse Oblique (left hander), Extra Broad, *Extra extra broad

Thanks a ton

Sponsored Content

#2 RoyalBear

RoyalBear

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 May 2015 - 23:56

I know I'm not answering your question but did Parker really offer you all those nibs in Note-2?  If so, I find it annoying that Parker has all those available but only offer fine and medium when you buy the pen.

#3 DanceOfLight

DanceOfLight

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 May 2015 - 19:58

Yup ! But if you do buy the pen from some speciality stores (online as well) they offer quite a few nibs. Nibs dot com is an example , I am not their customer nor have any affiliation, just did a quick search that's all. YMMV.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duofold, centennial, 3b, ob, ib

Sponsored Content

|