Visconti Customer Service Thru Coles Of London

Rinoxxx

Hi all, I just recently joined this forum a couple of days ago. I am so glad I ran into this site, never knew there was so many fountain pen lovers like me existed. I have proof now to my wife that I am not the only crazy one out there lol.

Well I am taking this opportunity to do a first post here to share a great experience I just had with Coles of London, the company that handles customer service/nib exchange//repair, I am sure a lot of you know that already. I received a Michelangelo black/rose bronze F point nib pen yesterday, I ordered it through Amazon and was fulfilled by Elite global brands. I ordered most of my pens from Amazon because I have prime and get free expedited shipping + prices are usually really good. I never had a problem with any the pens I ordered so far (I am new to collecting pens so only have 4 so far), until this Visconti Michelangelo pen I received yesterday. I inked up the pen and was all excited to use it and it wrote like a nail that was dipped in ink and also leaked when I put it down for 20 minutes into the cap. I looked up who handles support for Visconti and contacted Coles of London. I spoke to Brandon DiMatteo , explained to him the situation and told him I would also like to change to a medium nib while it was there. He was extremely nice and helpful, directed me to print out the form, fill it out and send the pen in. I chose to overnight the pen and they received it this morning . I got a call from Brandon telling me that they replaced the nib with brand new feed and med steel, I was immediately concerned and explained to him that the nib is supposed to be a 23k Palladium nib and he said the nib that was on the pen was a steel. He looked into it and told me you are right it is supposed to have a palladium nib. He changed the nib to the correct palladium nib, replaced the convertor and feed and tested out the pen. He also said he will overnight the pen to me free of charge, because all of the trouble I went through and not being able to enjoy my brand new pen. That level of customer service will definitely keep me buying more Visconti pens. Brandon is definitely an asset to their customer support. Now I am not sure who is the blame for the faulty steel nib I received on the pen instead of the 23k palladium nib, I suspect this pen might have been returned to Elite Global brands but I am not a 100% positive on that, Brandon wasn't sure either, he said they will look into how it happened so it does not happen to anyone else. I want to thank Brandon again for his awesome customer service and support !!

Sorry if I rambled on too much telling this story lol

Sam

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kestrel

• SujiCorp12345

• Barkingpig

• Rinoxxx

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to FPN!

I try to tell my family that I'm not crazy either but they just think that we're all crazy!

Pelikan 140 EF | Pelikan 140 OBB | Pelikan M205 0.4mm stub | Pilot Custom Heritage 912 PO | Pilot Metropolitan M | TWSBI 580 EF | Waterman 52 1/2v

Welcome to FPN where the inmates are in charge of the asylum.

You don't have to be crazy to hang around here but it sure helps.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Thank you for posting this excellent recommendation for Visconti's US service center. I also had them switch a nib for me after I purchased a pen & received the same pleasant accommodation. I did as they requested & they responded with the nib I requested in short order. I also utilised Chartpak (US Pelikan service) for an equally pleasant nib exchange. These representatives for the companies make it possible for us to enjoy fountain pens tailored to our desires. I really did not know how much I would appreciate them until you experience the OTHER end of the spectrum! I hope you will continue to find pleasure with those companies that service the pens you have purchased.

I have always had good customer service when dealing with Coles of London -- I've used them 3 times now for nib swaps and once for a repair (that the headquarters could not fix, so they returned it to me, and was nice enough to refund the $35 service charge).

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

Been a few years, but that was my experience. Glad to know they're still decent folks. B)

Coles indeed gives excellent service and responses to inquiries. Visconti, like other Italian companies, takes its sweet time to complete work, but eventually does it. In all, worth the wait, so far, in my experience...

Seriously, I love all my Viscontis except the Van Gogh; jury's still out on that one, long story. Divinas and Homo Sapiens are fantastic!