Cafe Creme Reliable Seller /

Lamyrada

I bought a broad-nibbed Cafe and Creme from Missing Pen on eBay and it is absolutely fabulous.

Dear friend, do you have a sample text? I am almost ready!

Edited by Lamyrada

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lamyrada

• BMG

• dneal

• fly_us

Top Posters In This Topic

To be clear. if I had all the money I used to have before retirement I wouldn't give a second thought to the expensiest alternatives. As it is now, I am not going to make anyone wealthier with my well earned money just because. And I do understand the feeling when you are financially capable and do not have qualms spending your hopefully well earned money. I once had it too. But when you retire you try to make the most out of your possibilities and that is the reality of many people. Enjoy it while you can and be gentle.

To be clear. if I had all the money I used to have before retirement I wouldn't give a second thought to the expensiest alternatives. As it is now, I am not going to make anyone wealthier with my well earned money just because. And I do understand the feeling when you are financially capable and do not have qualms spending your hopefully well earned money. I once had it too. But when you retire you try to make the most out of your possibilities and that is the reality of many people. Enjoy it while you can and be gentle.

Pfff - I'm at my peak earning years and 1-3 years away from retirement. I see no reason to pay more than necessary either. ;)

There is no reason to pay more if you can get the same thing cheaper. Unless it comes with extra services to justify the differences.

I certainly understand and respect everyone's point of view, and feel folks should buy whatever they want, wherever they want, or not. I don't believe that the most expensive options are invariably the best, nor am I trying to always find the least expensive alternative. If one falls into one or the other of these categories and is happy with it, terrific.

I am a long time customer of nibs.com, and have also bought many pens elsewhere; I will undoubtedly continue to do both. When nibs.com has an item I want and I'm willing to pay the price for it, I do so gladly, even if I could get it cheaper elsewhere. Why? Because I would like to support their business, which I appreciate; because I have always received excellent service from them; because they are good people that I have come to have a personal relationship with, like many other sellers / nib masters in the fountain pen community I have bought from.

YMMV, of course, and there's nothing wrong with that. :)

Edited by BMG

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

I certainly understand and respect everyone's point of view, and feel folks should buy whatever they want, wherever they want, or not. I don't believe that the most expensive options are inevitably the best, nor am I trying to always find the least expensive alternative. If one falls into one or the other of these categories and is happy with it, terrific.

I am a long time customer of nibs.com, and have also bought many pens elsewhere; I will undoubtedly continue to do both. When nibs.com has an item I want and I'm willing to pay the price for it, I do so willingly, even if I could get it cheaper elsewhere. Why? Because I would like to support their business, which I appreciate; because I have always received excellent service from them; because they are good people that I have come to have a personal relationship with, like many other sellers / nib masters in the fountain pen community I have bought from.

YMMV, of course, and there's nothing wrong with that. :)

I also bought from nibs.com before. Like i said, sometime i willing to pay premium because i know that all the pens from them will work out of box. That's the extra fee that i'm willing to pay.

I've bought from, and will continue to buy from nibs.com. Still, they're too high on some items. $100 is too much of a premium on the Cafe' Creme. $750 for a tortoise M800? Even their Omas nibs went up $100...

I bought a broad-nibbed Cafe and Creme from Missing Pen on eBay and it is absolutely fabulous.

This is where I purchased mine also.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking at all the recommendations for sellers of this pen, and I wondered, will the warranty or nib exchange program I have read about be honored if I buy the pen from an overseas seller? I live in the USA, to be clear. I don't yet own a Pelikan, so I do not know how their warranty service works. Would I have to present a receipt from a retailer in my own country? Thanks.

I got mine from Goldspot. Not sure if they were the cheapest but had a good enough price and I'd dealt with them before. I am a frequent shopper of Nibs.com and John does great work with nibs; however I don't share his aversion to steel nibs (especially Pelikan steel nibs) so he's out when I'm looking at M2xx pens.

Iguana Sell.

Glenn

Dang - you just cost me ;) -- they had a great price on the white tortoise M400 I'd been resisting up until now :)