Picking Up New Montblanc Starwalker Urban Speed Tomorrow

hcd615

I went to my local AD and they ordered me the StarWalker Urban Speed Fineliner. It is being overnighted to the store. As I have said in the past I do A LOT of carbon paper work so using the fineliner and/or switching to a rollerball works best for me. I haven't seen the pen in person, but I think it looks neat in the pictures. I love the bubble on the top of my StarWalker A380 Airbus, and the new one on the Urban Speed is flat like the StarWalker Extreme. I will post pics here in this thread tomorrow after I pick it up.

Edited by hcd615

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• hcd615

• FourRings

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to the photos!

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Well bad news. The AD called me and said the pen arrived but the pen / coating was some how chipped / scratched. I honestly didn't go to the store and see it so I can not say exactly what was damaged. I questioned it because I thought the pen has some sort of PVD coating and was maybe more durable. I was told the cap wasn't on correct, not sure I understand?? Montblanc overnighted another StarWalker Urban Speed Fineliner and I will have the new one tomorrow. Fingers crossed I will post pics tomorrow.

Edited by hcd615

Well the pen did not get shipped in time from MB to the AD. I got confirmation about 2 hrs ago it will be tomorrow with Saturday delivery. I received a pic of the one that was defective. The black has come off the threads as can be seen in the pic below.

http://s25.postimg.org/3prsifcrz/Montblanc.jpg

Edited by hcd615

Is that a pvc coating? If yes, we dealing with an ultra-industrial Starwalker.

Edited by meiers

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace till the last syllable of recorded time."

This is someone who has nothing to look forward to.

Edited by meiers

This is what it says on the MB website: "Black precious resin, PVD-plated fittings with brushed surfaces"

Aha! Looking forward to seeing your new acquisition. Please do a photo shoot when you're ready.

Edited by meiers

Ok. So I picked up the new pen that was overnighted by MB Sat delivery.

It is really cool. Like it so far. Here are a few pictures.

post-27577-0-51036000-1432423160_thumb.jpg

post-27577-0-77653900-1432423168_thumb.jpg

post-27577-0-23957500-1432423178_thumb.jpg

post-27577-0-11791800-1432423187_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Do the fine liners write well at low angles like a FP or pencil will? I have trouble finding a rollerball that works at FP angles.

• 4 weeks later...

My AD gave me a leather MB pad case and notepad inside.

You're lucky. My boutique doesn't give me anything when I purchase a pen 😞

• 2 weeks later...

You're lucky. My boutique doesn't give me anything when I purchase a pen

Which boutique did you go to? South Coast Plaza?

Which boutique did you go to? South Coast Plaza?

Hi Ed. Yes. That's the one I got to. Should I be asking for a gift or a bottle of ink when I purchase a new pen there?