Name This Parker Vector . . .

psynymph

Hello everyone, newbie poster here, can anyone name this Parker Vector?

I'll give you a few hints:

• it might be a sport variation or special edition;
  • the date code is the letter I on its own;
  • it's made in the uk;
  • the fp has a black "minus sign" on the end of the the cap while the rb has a silver one
  • It is very similar to the Attawa and Mexico models, but the original seller called it a Parker Vector "Africa"
  • It has already been mentioned on the forum, however nothing can be found about it on google

100 pts go to whoever can name it the fastest!***

post-122846-0-09933000-1432090938.jpg

post-122846-0-38470000-1432090958_thumb.jpgpost-122846-0-32274900-1432090991_thumb.jpgpost-122846-0-61676900-1432090999_thumb.jpg

***(Points have a total value of absolutely nothing, but add to your Parker kudos)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psynymph

• sandy101

• kernando

• Pickwick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You might get more interest if you

Put your post in the Parker pen forum

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

Savannah

Could it be a vector that some local stationer has put a design on for a museum/tourist shop?

Fred. (Not to be confused with "Phred", which is what my Urban from Hell got christened.)

Actually, though, sandy101's suggestion wasn't half bad.

I suspect that what you were really looking for was the model name/designation. But the rest of us are having way too much fun.....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

George

What's the vector, Victor?

Fred. (Not to be confused with "Phred", which is what my Urban from Hell got christened.)

Actually, though, sandy101's suggestion wasn't half bad.

I suspect that what you were really looking for was the model name/designation. But the rest of us are having way too much fun.....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Savannah

Could it be a vector that some local stationer has put a design on for a museum/tourist shop?

Victor.

Reginald.

Thank you all for your suggestions so far although they are all lovely :P, this pen unfortunately already has a name, and as inkstainedruth has pointed out, what I'm actually looking for is the pen model.

It is up to you, fellow pen enthusiasts, to display your vast wealth of knowledge and discover what this name is, or I will be forced to assume that your legendary powers of pen collecting have been somewhat exaggerated and no one is capable of rising to the challenge!

It might not have an official name though.

Parker pens are sold to stationers and PR companies who then engrave or print logos and designs onto the pens for their clients.

It is entirely possible that the pen is not an official Parker release, but one modified for sale in a local market.

Is there a bar code on the back of the box? It might make identification a bit easier.

The graphic design suggests an Egyptian theme, but it could be Australian too.

It might not have an official name though.

Parker pens are sold to stationers and PR companies who then engrave or print logos and designs onto the pens for their clients.

It is entirely possible that the pen is not an official Parker release, but one modified for sale in a local market.

Is there a bar code on the back of the box? It might make identification a bit easier.

The graphic design suggests an Egyptian theme, but it could be Australian too.

It definitely was an official Parker and not a local/custom one as they have been for sale in other European countries, but no one seems to know what they were called.

The vendor I bought it from called it the "Africa", and both the pen and the carton are very similar in design to the Attawa, which I also have seen called the Aztec, and the Mexico.

It has been mentioned on the forum in the past with a couple of posts including pics, but no name, and it seems to be limited to Europe as the only web references have all originated there with nothing from the rest of the world.

I'm pretty sure, however, that it was made between 1994-6 and I believe it may have been one of the various special editions of the Sport, as I seem to recall someone referring to it as a "Vector Sport White MK1", although I don't actually know what that means!

I'm now upping the stakes and giving the winner of this little quest not 100 but 500 whole points! ;)

Don't let me down, pen lovers

Is there a bar code on the back of the box? It might give us a product number or something.

Unfortunately no, there are no other identifying marks at all :(

Well, there's a discussion on this forum from 2007, with a photo.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/41962-parker-vector/

In it yrchi calls it an Africa.

Yes! That is the post I was referring to above, however although I also thought it was called an "Africa", Google offers no relevant results even when searching google images, and the woman from the Parker company tried to tell me it was from the Attawa collection - even though the pen and box are quite obviously different from that range.

I'm quite close to completely losing my mind!

What do the symbols represent?

The symbols appear to be tribal images or cave drawings and though they are similar in concept to those of the Attawa or Mexico Vectors, the actual designs themselves are clearly different, so I don't know what the Parker lady was talking about!

• 3 years later...