Montblanc Noir Et Noir (Boheme) Cap Jammed

tkmorrison

Hi all,

It's my first visit to the forum. I hope someone can help me. I have a Montblanc Noir et Noir retractable fountain that has become rather intractably jammed! I've included some pics to try to illustrate.

The nib can still be extended and retracted smoothly by twisting the cap at the barrel. The problem is that when I unscrew the cap from the end to replace it at the nib, the end piece (that clever little flip top that releases the cartridge) remains threaded in the cap. And having the end piece embedded in there makes the cap too narrow to screw onto the barrel and protect the nib.

Does anyone have experience with this kind of issue? I would appreciate any kind advice. I love this pen, high-maintenance or no.

Thanks kindly.

Teresa

post-122837-0-37921900-1432071881_thumb.jpgpost-122837-0-98814700-1432071882_thumb.jpgpost-122837-0-66445900-1432071885_thumb.jpgpost-122837-0-35433500-1432071887_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tkmorrison

• ______Zaphod_Beeblebrox

• Adiabatic

• mzoeller

I have a Boheme but I have never had this problem before. Heck I was unaware the flip cap could unscrew in that fashion. I believe the flip cap may have a Torx type screw in it, maybe you can use a Torx driver to turn the flip cap allowing it to unthread from the actual pan cap. That or take it to an authorized Montblanc Dealer to get help.

Thanks for your response, Z! I think I have a torx driver at home. I'll see if there's a very gentle intervention I can make to save a trip to the repair desk.

Use a T#8 torx driver on the screw you see in the hinged filler head stuck in the cap. If the filler head is not too tight in the cap it will loosen as you turn screw counter clockwise. However, when I tried it I found that the screw came out rather than the filler cap. So I used some Permatex Threadlocker Blue (Locktite 242 would also work). Just a little bit on the screw thread then screw it back in snug and let it cure overnight. The filler head came right out when torx driver was used with a bit of pressure.

After extracting the filler head make sure you screw it to the barrel tightly then remember not to screw the nib cap on the filler head too tightly when using the pen. Good luck.

• 7 years later...

I have the same difficulty as tkmorrison and tried the Locktite 242 process.  Waiting for the Locktite to cure was maddening.  I was really hopeful that it would work.  However, it didn't work for me.  There is no boutique near where I live, so my next step is send it off for repair.  Or look for parts.

Thanks for the Locktite suggestion, Adiabatic.  I can think of a number of applications in my pen tinkerings.

Melanie