The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Got The Blues?

ink blue ink

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61 Bklyn

Bklyn

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:34

Been testing loads of blues and blue-blacks, in case this helps:

17666496073_27a12cbcc1_c.jpg

This is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes. 

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

Sponsored Content

#62 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:57

Do you know where you can buy Noodler's BSB - a bottle or sample - in the UK (I see you're in England)?

Would love to try it, but can never find it anywhere.

Think you just might have to get it from Goulet's. There's no risk of Import Duty or whatever for a single bottle from them. Even when Pure Pens get their 'expected' Noodler's re-stock, I doubt that BSB will be on Ross's list!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

#63 PortiaDaCosta

PortiaDaCosta

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:06

This Ebay seller is in Scotland and does samples. He has BSB in is Noodler's 1 list.

http://goo.gl/NF7SYy

No affiliation but I've had quite a lot of different samples from him. Although not BSB. I'm too accident prone to have it in the house, even though I'd love to try it!

PORTIA DA COSTA
writing erotica and erotic romance since 1991/

born again fountain pen addict
http://www.portiadacosta.com

#64 cambookpro

cambookpro

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2015 - 18:25

Think you just might have to get it from Goulet's. There's no risk of Import Duty or whatever for a single bottle from them. Even when Pure Pens get their 'expected' Noodler's re-stock, I doubt that BSB will be on Ross's list!

This Ebay seller is in Scotland and does samples. He has BSB in is Noodler's 1 list.

http://goo.gl/NF7SYy

No affiliation but I've had quite a lot of different samples from him. Although not BSB. I'm too accident prone to have it in the house, even though I'd love to try it!

Thank you both! I have just ordered a sample as it would be fun to try - though I fear by next week all of my carpets and walls will be stained blue after I get it everywhere...

Parker 75, Ingenuity, Premier, Sonnet, Urban | Pelikan M400 | TWSBI Diamond 580 | Visconti Rembrandt

Currently inked: Diamine Apple Glory (Rembrandt), Pelikan 4001 Turquoise (M400), Lamy Black (Diamond 580)

#65 Bklyn

Bklyn

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 879 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2015 - 23:33

Just in case anyone missed this. I bought my Bay State Blue.

Please see below:

Dear Noodlers:

I rushed home today all excited because I ordered my first Noodlers Ink called Bay State Blue.

I was so excited to see the box from Goulet Pens in the mailbox and I opened it so carefully.

I held it in my hand and let the kitchen window sunlight try to filler through the dark liquid and all of a sudden the idea of the day hit me; lets open it and take a look inside at the ink. Clever huh? Here is where things begin to go bad.

Upon opening the aforementioned bottle, I noticed it was filled to the very tippy top of the rim. Honestly, you could not get one more molecule of ink inot this bottle. I stood perfectly still but felt a slight tickle in my throat due to allergies that often hit us in the northeast this time of year and I coughed. 

This was not good.

Please allow me to give you a list of the things in my home that are now Bay State Blue:

My dishes, the sink, my hands, (Including fingers) the new forks and knives, the cutting board, a child's toy that was in the sink for lord knows what reason and part of the tuna I was using to make a salad, along with my wife elbow, her left foot and the cabinet handles above the sink, below the sink and the light switch. Let us not forget the rug in front of the sink and the floor along with other kitchen implements of which I simply do not understand what they do.

It has been an interesting few hours here and my wife has finally stopped threatening me with her wooden mallet. (Yes, it is now blue as well.)

Please send kitchen stuff to my house ASAP and I am sure that there will be no further action required. I will give my wife a week to calm down and if not, you might have to send a new wife as well.

Warmest personal regards,

Bay State Blue Bklyn

Anyone like Ray Bradbury? Please read "The Laurel and Hardy Love Affair" if you have about 12 minutes. 

You will not forget this wonderful gem that is largely obscure and sadly, forgotten. http://bit.ly/1DZtL4g

#66 Uncial

Uncial

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2015 - 23:42

If you want a rich, vivid blue I would recommend Visconti blue. If you want a slightly unusual shading blue try Akkermann. I picked it up recently and I really like it. It sounds like it should be called drainwater blue if you read it quickly. It might also be worth looking at Waterman as an everyday use blue. I don't know if it's Florida or Serenity but one of them is a mid depth blue and it's very nice.

#67 Sailor Kenshin

Sailor Kenshin

Heart of sword

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,245 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2015 - 00:41

Just in case anyone missed this. I bought my Bay State Blue.

Please see below:

Dear Noodlers:

I rushed home today all excited because I ordered my first Noodlers Ink called Bay State Blue.

I was so excited to see the box from Goulet Pens in the mailbox and I opened it so carefully.

I held it in my hand and let the kitchen window sunlight try to filler through the dark liquid and all of a sudden the idea of the day hit me; lets open it and take a look inside at the ink. Clever huh? Here is where things begin to go bad.

Upon opening the aforementioned bottle, I noticed it was filled to the very tippy top of the rim. Honestly, you could not get one more molecule of ink inot this bottle. I stood perfectly still but felt a slight tickle in my throat due to allergies that often hit us in the northeast this time of year and I coughed. 

This was not good.

Please allow me to give you a list of the things in my home that are now Bay State Blue:

My dishes, the sink, my hands, (Including fingers) the new forks and knives, the cutting board, a child's toy that was in the sink for lord knows what reason and part of the tuna I was using to make a salad, along with my wife elbow, her left foot and the cabinet handles above the sink, below the sink and the light switch. Let us not forget the rug in front of the sink and the floor along with other kitchen implements of which I simply do not understand what they do.

It has been an interesting few hours here and my wife has finally stopped threatening me with her wooden mallet. (Yes, it is now blue as well.)

Please send kitchen stuff to my house ASAP and I am sure that there will be no further action required. I will give my wife a week to calm down and if not, you might have to send a new wife as well.

Warmest personal regards,

Bay State Blue Bklyn

O____O

#68 Ana_

Ana_

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:46

Hi Bklyn,

I thought I would cast my vote, my favorite blue is Noodler's Bernanke Blue which i've posted a sample of. The sample was written with a Lamy Safari on cream colored Apia paper. I chose this blue as a second choice ink in place of the beautiful but  infamous Bay State Blue. Bay State has an amazing color but for me personally it is not worth the hassle, so I discovered Bernanke which has its own intricate blue tinting. I also like J. Herbin's 1670 Ocean Blue which I do not currently have inked up or I would have submitted a written sample. Good luck in your selection and post here when you make your choice. :)

Attached Images

• image1.JPG

#69 Ana_

Ana_

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:50

((WOW! Not sure how I missed your post but I just saw that you uhm, have met bay state blue... yep... very bad idea. not worth the hassle.. so sorry)

#70 J85909266

J85909266

Fountain Blade

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2015 - 16:06

BSB much be handled with respect. It is certainly not an ink for the clumsy.

Fountain pens forever and forever a hundred years fountain pens, all day long forever, forever a hundred times, over and over Fountain Pen Network Adventures dot com!

- Joe

#71 Bklyn

Bklyn

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 879 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:29

BSB much be handled with respect. It is certainly not an ink for the clumsy.

So I have learned my friend. so I have learned. 

#72 Bklyn

Bklyn

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 879 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:30

((WOW! Not sure how I missed your post but I just saw that you uhm, have met bay state blue... yep... very bad idea. not worth the hassle.. so sorry)

I have indeed met BSB and I am his. (Hers?)

#73 Bklyn

Bklyn

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 879 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:44

While I am here, Imust ask as I am still new to this...

Does one have to shake ink before using it like it was orange juice? I tend to shake everything. Any help on this question appreciated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, blue ink

Sponsored Content

|