Fergus (My Avatar)

Left FPN

Aw, Don, so sorry to hear. I know the feeling, having have many cats during my adult years. All of you humans that Fergus has around him are doing all that you can do, and after that it is just a matter of being kind to Fergus and letting him call the shots. Never, ever an easy time, but we'll always think of him when we think of you, and that's something right there.

Take care, my friend. Be gentle on yourself, and good in the knowledge that you are being a good companion to your friend of many years.

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• Ghost Plane

• inkstainedruth

• Lamyrada

Cats have several lifes.

Mine is 14 and went through hard times has well and she is still there.

I am sure Fergus will recover. :thumbup:

Edited by Xof72000

Sorry to hear about Fergus. For ambush predators they sure sneak into our lives.

Fingers crossed for the dear fellow.

Sad news indeed. Though I must confess that I hope when I am truly old I will be fed steak and prawns.

Dear Fergus,

This is Abby Rose, I'm sorry to learn from your " Dad " that you've not been feeling well. I really wish you peace & a gentle time for the rest of your days. I have an older " sister " named Ebby. Why my human parents named her Ebby and just a few years later named me Abby!!! Sometimes it is difficult to know which name they are calling, especially when we are doing something bad.

I had an older sister I never met, she went to heaven before I was born. She was a Seal-Point Himalayan and I saw a picture, she was beautiful. She got sick too but now she will never be sick again.

My human parents also had a " Baby ", that's what they call any Felines they have, named Dollie. She looked soooooo much like you she could have been your Mother or Sister, another beauty.

Anyway, I'm sending you a warm hug and snuggle all the way from my home to yours. Fergus, my Mommie has enjoyed seeing your picture as Mr. Ford's Avatar so very much she smiles each time your photo comes upon the screen. You are extremely popular.

aggie's Abby

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

Great news, Fergus is still with us and has just visited...with his owner and he was on a lead. He is on many pills to keep him going for a few more weeks. :) :) :)

Glad he's able to visit. But oh the indignity of a lead after free ranging.

I have also been where you are now, and where you may be in the future.

I lost my beloved Maine Coon some years ago now, and I still haven't got over the loss. It may be difficult to understand for those who don't have pets, but for pet owners it is just like the loss of a child. My cat was 14 when he passed on, and he is very sadly missed.

I have always thought that Fergus was a good looking cat.

You have my deepest sympathies.

Every extra day with those to whom we are attached is a blessing indeed. Regardless of species.

Update,

Good news, the old boy is out and about, off the lead, but looking rather frail and unkempt...here he is just about to attempt to mark my trailer.

fpn_1432919848__dscn1066.jpg

Glad that he is up and about, and looks to be still enjoying life.

It's hard to make the decision, but they give us so much that we owe it to them to ensure that they don't suffer.

He's dropped some weight. Glad to see his spirits are high enough to make the effort. Still a fine-looking cat.

I am typing this slowly, with one hand, with my calico cradled in my other arm. I truly understand, and am with you

<3

Sometimes it seems they will be with us forever, and then we realize...they are only with us for a short time.

<3

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Still the one . . .a handsome cat.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.