• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Heath

• Chiro75

• AAAndrew

• Linedog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They are common enough, but everyone who uses an Estie needs at least one. Or two.

Reviving this thread. I won an auction for one of these Bell System LJ Esterbrooks from speerbob. Even though I also won a blue Estie with a 2314-M nib, I think I am more excited for the Bell System LJ.

Both are firsts for my Esterbrook collection. A blue version, and an LJ. Oh, and one with an imprint.

Edited by Misfit
Posted Image

I really need to get one of there. In addition to fountain pens, I collect Bell System tools (as an extension of my Telephone collection), and while I've got at least 3 or 4 varieties of bell system pencils and ballpoints, I don't have the Bell System Esterbrook.

I really need to get one of there. In addition to fountain pens, I collect Bell System tools (as an extension of my Telephone collection), and while I've got at least 3 or 4 varieties of bell system pencils and ballpoints, I don't have the Bell System Esterbrook.

I might be able to help you resolve that. :D

I put De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes (Night Blue) in mine. The imprint is rather subtle, so I might try the white crayon to revive the words (suggested in another thread).

Fun to have one of the Bell System pens. I don’t know why, but it is. Before my time in the city I live in, Western Electric was here, employing a lot of people.

It might be because of the film Three Days of the Condor. Not because of pens, but because the protagonist got into a phone center, and used a phone device to hide where he was calling from.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Many pen companies supplied the various Telephone Companies with writers long before the computers took over.

Just this past weekend I jumped at the chance to buy a mottled hard rubber pen , made by Hutchenson Brothers, it is engraved , " Property of N.Y. Telephone "

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you . Hug your loved ones today

• 2 weeks later...

You're timing is a bit off.
Hugo Black died in 1971 and AT&T was broken up in 1982.

Fortunately the Bell System was broken up by Supreme Court Justice Black

I guess thank's to him was are no longer to possessors of stolen property of the Bell System

, that might have made us accessories to petty theft, huh

any other say but...