The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Estie - "bell System Property"

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Chiro75

Chiro75

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 17:53

I posted photos of all my engraved Esties in another thread

Steve. Just plain ol' Steve.

Sponsored Content

#22 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 07:10

[quote name="welch" post="3367216" timestamp="1432525167"]They are common enough, but everyone who uses an Estie needs at least one. Or two.

Reviving this thread. I won an auction for one of these Bell System LJ Esterbrooks from speerbob. Even though I also won a blue Estie with a 2314-M nib, I think I am more excited for the Bell System LJ.

Both are firsts for my Esterbrook collection. A blue version, and an LJ. Oh, and one with an imprint.

Edited by Misfit, 09 July 2019 - 07:12.

Posted Image

#23 Argee

Argee

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 20:15

I really need to get one of there.  In addition to fountain pens, I collect Bell System tools (as an extension of my Telephone collection), and while I've got at least 3 or 4 varieties of bell system pencils and ballpoints, I don't have the Bell System Esterbrook. 

#24 gweimer1

gweimer1

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,348 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 22:26

I really need to get one of there.  In addition to fountain pens, I collect Bell System tools (as an extension of my Telephone collection), and while I've got at least 3 or 4 varieties of bell system pencils and ballpoints, I don't have the Bell System Esterbrook. 

I might be able to help you resolve that.   :D

#25 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• 1,929 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 23:01

I put De Atramentis Sherlock Holmes (Night Blue) in mine. The imprint is rather subtle, so I might try the white crayon to revive the words (suggested in another thread).

Fun to have one of the Bell System pens. I don’t know why, but it is. Before my time in the city I live in, Western Electric was here, employing a lot of people.

It might be because of the film Three Days of the Condor. Not because of pens, but because the protagonist got into a phone center, and used a phone device to hide where he was calling from.
Posted Image

#26 Tom Heath

Tom Heath

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 August 2019 - 20:41

Many pen companies supplied the various Telephone Companies with writers long before the computers took over.

Just this past weekend I jumped at the chance to buy a mottled hard rubber pen , made by Hutchenson Brothers, it is engraved , " Property of  N.Y. Telephone "

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you .   Hug your loved ones today

#27 alanlight

alanlight

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 September 2019 - 22:49

You're timing is a bit off.
Hugo Black died in 1971 and AT&T was broken up in 1982.

Fortunately  the Bell System was broken up  by  Supreme Court Justice Black

I guess thank's to him was are no longer to possessors of stolen property of the Bell System

, that might have made us accessories to  petty theft, huh

any other  say but...

Sponsored Content

|