The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Nibmeisters In Europe?

6 replies to this topic

#1 vPro

vPro

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2015 - 19:29

Hello!

I'm currently considering purchasing an extra nib unit in M for a wonderful pen of mine, which I would send off to a nibmeister to have it ground down to a cursive italic or a stub. The first two nibmeisters that come to my mind are Mr. Mike Masuyama and Mr. John Mottishaw but both are in the US. Are there any well-known nibmeisters in Europe?

Thank you!

Sponsored Content

#2 claudewick

claudewick

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2015 - 20:46

I just send 2 pens to Carlos Garcia (goldnibs.com) in Madrid, he told me the pens arrived but haven't started working on them yet. But I read a lot of good stuff about his services here on FPN.

I don't know if there are others.

#3 brunico

brunico

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2015 - 21:05

John Sorowka, who has an excellent reputation, is based in the UK and goes by the name Oxonian on FPN. He italicised a music nib for me.

#4 GatzBcn

GatzBcn

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:55

I had my pens tuned by Joseph in Barcelona. We met in person, but I am sure you can send the pens to him. He made a great job and it wasn't expensive. He is a very kind person. You can contact him in this email: philartspen@yahoo.com. 

You are welcome to visit my blog: http://gatzbcn.blogspot.com.es/

And that is my shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/GatzBcn

#5 Occipital Lobe

Occipital Lobe

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2015 - 17:34

John Sorowka is an absolute joy to deal with.

He knows exactly what he can do with a specific nib, and how to communicate that to you as a customer. An ability that is equally as important as being a skilled craftsman.

I´ve only had one nib modified by him, but it is a wonderfully smooth medium stum (Pelikan M800).

He is highly recommended, but a word of warning is in place - he apparently HATES the term "nibmeister".

#6 PhilartsPen

PhilartsPen

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:22

Good day,

Just on update you can contact Philartspen with their new email address at philartspen@gmail.com. Or visit our website on www.philartspen.com
Facebook Page: philartspendotcom

Thanks

Facebook: www.facebook.com/philartspendotcom/

Email: philartspen@gmail.com

#7 austinwft

austinwft

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:39

http://www.fpnibs.com/en/

Another option in Spain would be FPnibs. Pablo does excellent work.

I've purchased nibs direct with custom grinds in addition to sending him nibs from where I live in Texas-U.S. and couldn't be happier with the work he's done not to mention his exceptional pricing and turn around times.

Reply to this topic

Sponsored Content

|