FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
News From the PCA
No replies to this topic
Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:38
When this board took office in November 2006 we committed ourselves to a strong program of openness and activism. Since then I think we have been quite successful as we have dealt with the resignation of the editor of The Pennant and were able to quickly name a replacement.
We have also finished the restructuring of the organization with new bylaws and a new mission statement. And we are initiating a very exciting process of organizational and board development with the help of a volunteer who does these things professionally
The Pens for Kids program is active, seeking both corporate sponsors and recruiting schools to participate.
We have also planned a new e-Newsletter for members, but here we have been delayed. We hope to have the first e-Newsletter out in the next fortnight.
Unfortunately, the spring issue of The Pennant has also been delayed. The transition from the current editor, Jim Mamoulides, to the incoming one, Anna Lawson, has been a happy one, but these endeavours consume extra time and effort. We hope to have the spring issue to the printer in the next ten days. The Summer issue should be on time.
Finally, the board is most pleased to announce the appointment of Bruce Mindrup to complete the unexpired term of Dr. Melinda Adams who, for personal reasons, was unable to fulfill her duties as a director.
We hope that you will continue providing us with input to help us learn where you want the PCA to go.