Favorite ballpoint...

I keep a Parker 45 Flighter BP for just such an emergency.

Got a CA, but haven't done the conversion yet. Been eyeing one of those Shaeffer's . . .

John

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gregoron

• Apollo

• dapv

• MicheleB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can anyone tell me what other manufacturers use standard parker refills in their ballpoints?

The same format refills are used in Bic (Select range), Inoxcrom, Rou Bill, Berendsohn, Senator, Diplomat, Prodir (as an option), Schneider (most Schneider ballpoints are contructed in a way that they can be used with Parker style refills, with Papermate style refills and with ISO 12757-2 H refills), Aurora, Conklin, Kaweco, Omas (some models), Faber Castell, Itoya (some models) Rotring and Stypen. Maybe there are more manufacturers that use these refills, but at least these offer pens with a Parker style refill. Parker refills can also be used in Ballograf pens.

Edited by mr T.

Cross Ion as my stealth pen/backup pen. "Enhanced Grip" MB Meisterstuck with YAFA gel refill for my daily BP needs--not sexy but very functional.

I'm still partial to the Cross Century ballpoint. I just wish the actual ball point / refill could be moved across the page as easily as a gel or Pilot Precision V5. THAT would be wonderful.

• 5 months later...

I have some ballpoint pens just for those rare events, when I must write on self-copying papers. I keep Parker Jotter Special Blue in my pocket. It is not the most comfortable, but it is tiny enough to carried on pocket. My favourite ballpoint pens are Parker Reflex and Faber-Castell Grip. They have the most comfortable gripping sections.

Juhapekka “naula” TOLVANEN * The Nerd in Black * http://iki.fi/juhtolv

ユハペッカ・「ナウラ」・トルワネン

黒服のナード

Nope...just grab whatever Peg might have on her desk...

And I do not plan on seeking out anything either...

Bill

Some current faves:

Lamy 2000 regular ballpoint

Lamy 2000 4-color ballpoint

Rotring "Big Shot" Manhattan (ball OR rollerball)

Pelikan 150s

Pelikan no. 1

and more and more...

I guess I have to admit, I still love my b****.

Edited by J English Smith

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

Oh yes - almost forgot the only other favorite and its a vintage one. A 1948 Sheaffer Sentinel tha I modified to accept a standard modern Sheaffer refill (the refills that this pen accepts were discontinued 50 yeas ago!).

Now that I've seen one, I want one. Thank you for posting the old ad.

How did you modify your pen to accept modern refills?

I have a few ballpoint pens, although they are not as unique as FP's because of the NIBs they can be beautiful and balance and design are just as important as those characteristics of a FP. I have a Cross Lapis Lazuli that was given to me as a gift for Christmas a few years back, a Graf von Faber-Castell Ebony, a Montblanc Starwalker rubber and steel pen and some vintage pens by Eversharp. Oy yeah a Molteni I picked up for next to nothing.

I almost forgot, I don't know how I could, I have a Dunhill Silver Torpedo, the first year pen when they were brought back by Dunhill. It is incredibly unique, with a removable cap that houses a quick release type of attachment system that came with scissors and a letter opener. Really more for show than use but probably the most unique pen I have ever seen. Its really not like the ones available today that have kind of a screw on attachment sustem for, say, a dip pen (which is extremely cool.) It is solid sterling silver so very heavy.

My favorite to use is probably the Montblan Starwalker, the rubber finish and substantial size makes it a pleasure to write with.

Tom

We stomped on the terra-

Lord Buckley said that

I recently picked up a Pelikan Soverign 800 Blue Stripe and love the way it feels and writes. I checked inside and lo and behold it is filled with a Parker Gel refill.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Closest one at hand.

Greg Koos

Bloomington Illinois

USA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On this shrunken globe, men can no longer live as strangers.

Adlai E. Stevenson

The ballpoint that matches my Sheaffer Legacy Heritage. It writes so smoothly, I sometimes use it for more than just signing checks or filling out forms.

My overall, all-time favorite ball pen is the original Pilot V-Ball. I think Pilot downgraded when they changed to the Precise V5, et al. Wish they still made them, but luckily I have a few left, and they look like the barrel can be refilled.

-- Brian

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

dr grip. i buy them 5 at a time because they disappear - the problem with two college-age daughters.

thank god they leave my fountain pens alone.

I own a fancy looking ball point that was presented to me by Microsoft in a system launching breakfast.

I think a "Breakfast Launching System" would be much more exciting and useful - especially for two-year-olds. :)

For a long time, it was a yellow Parker jotter with gel blue ink inside...

Then I was charmed by a Yafa mini pen...until I lost mine (easy to lose because its very small :( )

http://www.yafa.com/yafapen/images/poquito.jpg

Now I've got this Sensa "Minx Gold" mini BP in a leather pouch in my pocket at all times.

I got it at a huge discount at a department store :D :D $100 slashed down to $9 @!!

http://www.goldspot.com/fpngallery/N32307_sm.jpg

Because i have big hands, i have a black Conklin (new) Duragaph ballpoint with either an Itoya or Parker gel refill in it. I actually like the Itoya refill better, but the tip section does look a little odd...

jm

Believe it or not, just a Plain jane Parker Jotter filled with a Parker gel refill (usually blue).

Me too!

An empty can usually makes the loudest noise.