Favorite ballpoint...

I always have a Fisher Space Pen - bullet model in a pocket. When I carry a more conventional BP, it is usually a Jotter or Sonnet. Whatever it is will have a Fisher Space Pen refill.

+1 If I cannot use a FP then its got to be a Fisher Space Pen, it will write absolutley every a FP cannot. And as an added bonus the refills fit Parker BP's with a small included adaptor. And they dont dry out...ever.

Alan

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gregoron

• Apollo

• dapv

• MicheleB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine would be a Stainless Steel Jotter with a Parker Gel refill.

I really wish I had discovered Gel pens sooner.

Now I don't like using ballpoints (except for my Fisher)

In Ottawa, Ontario? Check out The Ottawa Pen Posse

• 2 months later...

Have to go with the ss jotter, amazing workhorse, been using since hs, not the same one as I do tend to destroy them. Have long since discovered the only way to put the connector piece back into body is by banging it on a hard surface. Do not try to use the cap to force-wiggle it in. It'll only cause the body to misshapen. Cross century classic is a close second if it only it wasn't so dam slim.

Edited by pvector

I carry a nice promotional ballpoint pen with Parker gel as a loaner. The refill is really nice except for its lack of water resistancy.

A Scrikss rollerball with 1.0 mm Pilot G2 is with me all the day.

I am waiting for my Cross C-series rollerball with selectip refill to arrive. It is a rollerball but looks like a twistable ballpoint.

Regards,

Edited by kaissa

Verba volant, littera scripta manet.

Uni Jetstream 0.5mm does a pretty clean line. The 1.0mm is like writing on grease, which is an interesting but pleasant feeling. Unfortunately, the broader lines have more gaps and streaks. The 0.5mm is pretty good and is about what I need when writing, since I tend to require very fine points.

The Zebra Surari 0.5mm is similar to the Jetstream, but lays down more globs of ink which I find a bit unattractive. However, the ink is quite waterproof, unlike the Jetstream.

Though they are in a sense ballpoints, I do not consider the Pilot G-2 or other Gel rollers to be in the same real product category. If they are, then the Hi-Tec-C and Signo DX are my favorites, and my enjoyment of them surpasses my enjoyment of fountain pens.

Robert.

My favorite varies, but I think right now it's a Pelikan 600 black/green (currently with a blue broad Parker refill). I also always like the Cross Century in black with gold trim, normally with a blue medium Cross refill. I sometimes carry a regular Jotter or a Parker Classic grey ball pen. Then there's an old Papermate Profile that I've had years and years. You can no longer get Powerpoint refills for it, but the standard Lubriglide ones work well.

I'm not sure whether my favorite writing instruments are pencils or ballpoints. Fountain pens come next, and then roller ball pens.

I also like dip pens, technical pens, felt tips, and markers. Pretty much anything that makes a mark on something else, and yes, I have a couple of scribers and a mimeograph stylus too. :)

Edited by stuartk

My favourite is the Montblanc Meisterstück Classique (164). Size- and weight-wise the 164 suits me very well.

Agreed... even better with the Yafa gel refills... second up would be a Jotter, again with the new Parker gel refills...

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

I keep my Rotring 600 BP and Cross Classic BP ready all the time. I also use both my Waterman Carene RB and Rotring 600 RB with Pilot G-2 gel refills which I like quite a bit better than standard BP refills. I've used Parker Jotters in the past, but somehow all of mine have left my possession over the years.

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

For me:

Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Ballpoint

or an ever reliable Parker Jotter, I've been using them for years through school and work and have around twenty laying around although only 2 Mont Blancs unfortunately!

The Zebra F-301. It comes in full-size and compact. It writes smoothly and reliably. And it's available at any office supply store.

Its stablemate, the F-402 isn't bad either (they use the same refills). It's bit thicker, so it's easier to hold, but it has a gel grip which is a bit disconcerting.

Conan the Grammarian

“No place is boring, if you've had a good night's sleep and have a pocket full of unexposed film.” ~ Robert Adams

“Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines” ~ Enzo Ferrari

Cogito ergo spud. [i think therefore I yam.]

At this point the Uni-ball 207

Pelikan m200 F nib - Noodler's Midway Blue

TWSBI Diamond 530 EF nib - Noodler's X-Feather

Pilot Decimo F nib - Noodler's North African Violet

The problem I have with ballpoints is that they are only as good as the current refill that is in them. The hard, skinny Cross BP hurt my fingers. My current best BP is the hexagonal Retro ballpoint. Hefty, comfortable to hold, and the smoothest nib I have ever felt. I hope the refills are as good. Nobody who has borrowed it for a second has failed to comment on its smoothness.

The standard Fisher space pen is also great.

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

Right now I'm liking the Pentel Energel, particularly the one with the aluminum barrel like this one.

It's the second smoothest pen I own after a vintage Dupont Olympio that cost me 25 times more :P

My everyday utility pen, especially for use when someone asks to borrow a pen, is a Cross Tech 3. Now, my favorite ballpoint for style and the smoothness with which it writes is a Cross Century Sport.

Draco 98

TWSBI 530, Waterman Hemisphere, Pilot Prera, Pilot Vanishing Point, and Pelikan M205 Demonstrator...

Favorite ballpoint? No such thing.

It is a necessary evil, like diapers, toilet paper or dental floss, any preferences are out of necessity rather than desire.

The Parker Jotter is a great ballpoint, so is the Zebra F-301. I normally carry one or the other with a FP. Honorary mention to the Fisher Bullet Space Pen, that's normally rattling around in my bag waiting to be written with in freezing temperatures underwater without gravity. :roflmho:

Edited by joshk

For decades, my one and only BP was a very old Cross 14K gold pen my grandparents gave to me, but alas my old arthritic hands can no longer deal with its slim girth. Hopefully my daughter will pick it up from my desk some day. So, these days I use push button / click BPs with a Fisher standard size blue refill which comes with an adapter to fit all pens accepting what I refer to as "Parker-style" refills. I like all things mechanical, so one the coolest BPs for me is the Fisher telescoping pen, it's a pull rather than a push. After reading through this thread, however, I'm definitely going to check out a Michael's Fat Boy. My other fav is an old Papermate Profile #3 also known as a Husky or Jumbo.

CFTPM