New Fees For Authenticating Montblanc Pens

FredRydr

In order to stem the flood while exploiting the pleas to authenticate Montblanc writing instruments, the following fee schedule shall apply:

- Authenticate MBs:

first time - free

second time - $5

third and subsequent times - $10

- Authenticate MBs listed on eBay:

before purchase - $100

after purchase - $300

Fee waivers are at the discretion of the expert consulted, except for eBay purchases. Fees may also be waived by popular thread vote, except for eBay purchases where sympathy is expressly prohibited.

Fred (just kidding)

Edited by FredRydr

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meiers

• Fabienne

• niksch

• Ghost Plane

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In instances where two "experts" disagree on authentication I do offer a third opinion service at a reasonable add-on cost.

In instances where two "experts" disagree on authentication I do offer a third opinion service at a reasonable add-on cost.

And I've got a double headed coin

any pens failing the authenticating process become the property of the authenticator....

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Sometimes, the expert may have to take the pen home with him and write with it, for a number of years - just to be on the safe side.

I'll need all the OBB and O3B nibs sent to me, since I have credentials (created by me) that none of you have. :bunny01:

I have a large piston filler MB 149 that appears to be made of black plastic rather than precious resin. If I send it in for the authentication service and it gets confiscated by the authenticator will I get the $10 service fee refunded?

I have a large piston filler MB 149 that appears to be made of black plastic rather than precious resin. If I send it in for the authentication service and it gets confiscated by the authenticator will I get the $10 service fee refunded?

No. Confiscation is part of the service package.

I do love our senses of humor in this forum.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

I'd like to take advantage of the "first time free" offer and have my Mount Blank pen checked for authenticity please by all of you fine experts in this forum. I bought it really cheap for 75 cents, and my horoscope says all my stars are aligned this week for good luck. I feel lucky.

fpn_1431922776__fake2.jpg

I'd like to take advantage of the "first time free" offer and have my Mount Blank pen checked for authenticity please by all of you fine experts in this forum. I bought it really cheap for 75 cents, and my horoscope says all my stars are aligned this week for good luck. I feel lucky.

fpn_1431922776__fake2.jpg

Head to Vegas brother. You are on a roll.

Hard times don't last, but hard people do.

Thank a Veteran.

Since the experts are all hereI have an item for consideration. I recently acquired this exquisite white cake stand from Mont Blanc home ware range. The white colour represents the white snow peaks of Mont Blanc. It s made with precious white porcelain.

It's marked model 112.

Is it authentic ?image.jpg

Since the experts are all hereI have an item for consideration. I recently acquired this exquisite white cake stand from Mont Blanc home ware range. The white colour represents the white snow peaks of Mont Blanc. It s made with precious white porcelain.

It's marked model 112.

Is it authentic ?

Be sure to check under the porcelain lip for a logo, it should read 'CHINA'. Could even be an LE, anyone care to speculate?

Short cuts make delays, but inns make longer ones.
Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring, A Short Cut to Mushrooms

Be sure to check under the porcelain lip for a logo, it should read 'CHINA'. Could even be an LE, anyone care to speculate?

I've got one that reads 'CHINA' - but that's preceded by 'MADE IN' so does that make it worth more?

Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

Don't forget, in order to process your request for authentication, we will need several things from you:

• 5 head on macro shots at 25,000 dpi resolution
  • 12 each side side shots of the nib at 25,000 dpi (even if your question does not involve the nib)
  • 7 shots each of:top of cap, bottom of cap, side of cap, underside of clip, top of clip, all the way around the upper and lower metal ring on the cap at 25,000 dpi.
  • 7 shots each of: top of body, bottom of body, 360 deg side of body at 25,000 dpi.
  • 4 X-rays of the pen with cap on
  • 6 x-rays of the pen with cap off
  • 1 macro etch report of the pen by certified macro etch lab
  • The complete and notarized provenance of the pen
  • A waterproofness certificate from an authorized testing lab
  • Your birth certificate (the original, no copies accepted)
  • The ossified heart of a mouse
  • A complete set of slides of your pen from every conceivable angle marked with your name at the top, which way the slide fits into an average projector, the serial number of the pen, the year you bought it, your home phone number, your bank account number, your dog's name, your car make and model written clearly on each slide in black Sharpie with no stickers or tape whatsoever on any of the slides. Slides must be marked carefully in the order they are to be seen.
  • A self addressed, stamped envelope no larger than 3.5" x 7.2" and gummed not self-stick.

We will also need payment in advance of at least 75% of the fee. Please note that since this is a very popular item, expect a wait of at least 12-34 weeks for results. Sorry, we cannot entertain any requests for fast tracking the process or any inquiries as to where your pen stands in the queue. Thanks for understanding.

If you wish to reach out to us, please do so via Google.

Edited by Fabienne

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg