Twsbi R&d Prototypes For New Inkwell

mmg122

TWSBI "Tweeted" these photos a few days ago which show prototypes of a new inkwell they are developing to replace Inkwell 50. I think they're both very interesting designs. Here's what they said:

"R&D drew up some samples of possible bottle looks. What do y'all think?"

Moderators...please feel free to move this post if it belongs in a different section. Thanks.

post-36725-0-55076700-1431521856_thumb.jpg

post-36725-0-84473400-1431521867_thumb.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coffeetoofull

• TSherbs

• TheGreatRoe

• PetraB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like them both. I really like the top one's looks, though in real life, I would probably prefer something I can fit together closely to maximize storage space.

The rounded one is my favorite. First, with the same TWSBI cap and it's grooves, it looks like a lightbulb. Second, if you're going to redesign the bottle why not move away from what you've already done. #2 looks like a variation of the old bottle design.

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

I like both since both emphasize a stable tilt functionality to the bottle for maximizing ink withdrawals. I lean slightly more towards the round one due to the 'uniqueness' factor.

I'm with Dale.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Another vote for the spherical design. Really eye catching and that colour collar would be perfect for R&K Alt Goldgrün.

Matt

I prefer the rounded shape. The tilt provides something special. I would purchase both.

Best Writings To You, coffeetoofull

Edited by coffeetoofull

I like the top one best, but I would buy both of them empty if only for the design.

Now, given the TWSBI product launch schedule, I think we might be looking at a Christmas 2017 release -_-

I second, or third, or fourth, the spherical one with the sideways cap. I just broke the lid on my bottle of Tsuki-yo and I'm in the market for a new 50ml inkwell.

The praise of the praiseworthy is above all rewards.

Why tilt the inner cone feed in the round one? Won't that mean that more ink will be left in the bottle?

I believe you should speak to the moderator and have this 'Topic' moved to the TWSBI area.

Best Writings To You, coffeetoofull

Edited by coffeetoofull

If you need a new inkwell, the current TWSBI ones are quite nice, and would do Iroshizuku justice. Or find an empty Iro bottle. Goulets has them sometimes.

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

The first is so beautiful... it remind me a magic potion bottle.. so nice!!! :)

Vincenzo

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I love the spherical design prototype TWSBI bottle! I have six of the Diamond 50 bottles and love them, all have ink in them.

A close examination using an eye loupe of the glass in my Diamond 50 bottles showed no mold seam nor typical surface finish of molded glass. I think the facets on the glass are ground and polished. Which amazes me for a bottle with anodized metal caps for only $25? A bargain in my opinion.

Eschew Sesquipedalian Obfuscation

Why tilt the inner cone feed in the round one? Won't that mean that more ink will be left in the bottle?

No. The inner core has holes in it so you can tilt the bottle and get ink into the cone and then suck it out. Nothing prevents you from holding the cap and hence the core cone, straight up when you open it and ink your pen.

"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

I am not sure the round one will suport the weight of the pen once attached to the cap. I presume it will have the same system which allow to attach the section to the cap.

I really liked the facetted one. Pretty. my christmas 2017 will be a great one :lticaptd:

No. The inner core has holes in it so you can tilt the bottle and get ink into the cone and then suck it out. Nothing prevents you from holding the cap and hence the core cone, straight up when you open it and ink your pen.

I know, but what a pain. You will have to balance the bottle on the rounded side, insert the pen, perform the filling action, all while keeping the bottle from rolling over and spilling. It's pretty, but not practical.

I know, but what a pain. You will have to balance the bottle on the rounded side, insert the pen, perform the filling action, all while keeping the bottle from rolling over and spilling. It's pretty, but not practical.

I feel like that answer assumes a lot. It's a prototype image, who's to say once they're down to designing it they don't just mold a bottle specific cone that drops straight down from the opening, or reposition the holes so that the slanted cone works just as well as the regular?

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100