• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• fireant

• inkstainedruth

• DrCodfish

So, I looked at the link that fireant provided and Pittsburgh is listed. So what does that mean? How do I find out who that hub master is, when and where (and what exactly happens at one of these -- group selfies to email to Pelikan? Pen posse limited to brand? What?).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

PS -- If you're running the Pgh hub, PM me and (depending on when the thing is, I will try to show up with my five birds; although only the Café Crème is a "new" pen -- the others are all vintage or semi-vintage)

The hub masters have been notified. They are currently awaiting for the application period to end. Pelikan will then send attendee email addresses, probably the first week of August to the master. After that, the master will contact the attendees and provide details. It is up to the hub master where the group will meet. It is Friday, September 25th at 6:30pm. Basically a Pelikan pen posse. Some inks to try, pens to share, and whatever else the group comes up with. No real rules. Vintage and modern pens alike welcomed.

Just combed through the list of cities which look to be similar in number to last year. Looks like 69 cities in 27 countries with 19 new cities this year compared to last.

Edited by sargetalon

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Seattle is in!

:thumbup:

I see "Portland" on the list -- does anyone know whether it's Oregon or Maine?

-- Constance

Oregon. :)

So, I looked at the link that fireant provided and Pittsburgh is listed. So what does that mean? How do I find out who that hub master is, when and where (and what exactly happens at one of these -- group selfies to email to Pelikan? Pen posse limited to brand? What?).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

PS -- If you're running the Pgh hub, PM me and (depending on when the thing is, I will try to show up with my five birds; although only the Café Crème is a "new" pen -- the others are all vintage or semi-vintage)

You just need to register. Based on what people have said, Pelikan forwards your contact info to the Hub master for Pgh. They figure out where to host it and contact you with the location.

Last year Pelikan sent flair for the registered folks to the Hub Masters and the Hub Masters distributed it at 6:30 at the event.

So where are you at in Pgh? I grew up in Lawerenceville!

eta clarity

Edited by fireant

Well Shoot! Once again Oakville WA (Pop 660) was not selected as a hub. I am confounded because Oakville is a veritable hive of Pelikan activity.

Ah well, I live about half way between Seattle and Portland so who knows, I may even visit one fo those places to see what all the buzz is about.

The hub masters have been notified. They are currently awaiting for the application period to end. Pelikan will then send attendee email addresses, probably the first week of August to the master. After that, the master will contact the attendees and provide details. It is up to the hub master where the group will meet. It is Friday, September 25th at 6:30pm. Basically a Pelikan pen posse. Some inks to try, pens to share, and whatever else the group comes up with. No real rules. Vintage and modern pens alike welcomed.

Just combed through the list of cities which look to be similar in number to last year. Looks like 69 cities in 27 countries with 19 new cities this year compared to last.

I don't own any Pelikans, but assume that all FP enthusiasts are welcome to register? I signed up for Philly.

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti! (And some ST Duponts too). (Ok fine, getting on the Omas and Montblanc trains now too. Toot toot.) (And maybe on the Montegrappa one too, but only for the Miyas.)

I don't own any Pelikans, but assume that all FP enthusiasts are welcome to register? I signed up for Philly.

While the event is Pelikan centric, anyone with a love/interest in fountain pens is welcome. It looks like we'll have about a dozen people at the Philly venue. I'm organizing that location and will be in touch with details in early August.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

Yes, Singapore is on the list! Anyone coming?

~Epic

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1348/557449480_2f02cc3cbb_m.jpg http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

A sincere man am I
From the land where palm trees grow,
And I want before I die
My soul's verses to bestow.

All those moments will be lost in time.
Like tears in rain.
Time to die.

This is what Pelikan emailed me about some of my questions:

"We think the great aspect of the Pelikan Hubs is to form a community. So of course all fountain pen lovers or the soon-to-bes are welcome to join the event! "

Well Shoot! Once again Oakville WA (Pop 660) was not selected as a hub. I am confounded because Oakville is a veritable hive of Pelikan activity.

Of course it is! ;)

Not to mention that it could have been nice to get out of town ... :)

Ah well, I live about half way between Seattle and Portland so who knows, I may even visit one of those places to see what all the buzz is about.

I hope you'll come to Seattle ...

Right... Pelikan really didn't want hub masters asking anyone not already on Pelikan's list. So much so that Pelikan asked everyone to not even talk about the hubs and the locations online anywhere before the hubs.

So I can't tell my local fountain pen friends to go to the site and sign up for the Hub?

Nice to know anyone is welcome. I registered myself partially to get the opportunity to handle the different sizes of pens before deciding where to spend my money :blush:

So I can't tell my local fountain pen friends to go to the site and sign up for the Hub?

As long as people are registered through Pelikan, it's fine. Pelikan just doesn't want a location publicly announced and have a bunch of unregistered people show up. If you want your local friends to attend, send them to Pelikan's site.

Mexico City once again is in!

Till last week, 11 participants registered... there's still hope for a better world!

:D

Edited by coppilcus

Tell all your friends to sign-up through the Pelikan Hub website before it closes. I think that Pelikan is most worried about unregistered people showing up and wanting the swag -- Pelikan sends the hub-master only enough swag for everyone pre-registered for their hub.

Last year I was the hub-master for the SF area and had it where we have pen posses (at a diner at the Millbrae BART / Caltrain station).

Whoever is this year's SF hub-master ---- please let us know where it will be, and I'm REALLY hoping that it won't be in SF proper on a Friday night where parking can be tough at best.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

I just registered. What type of swag? I recall hearing a notebook last year ?

Pelikan sends the hub-master only enough swag for everyone pre-registered for their hub.

Edited by benincanada

Registered to attend in Dallas. It's the Wednesday the week of the Dallas Pen Show, so that's pretty awesome. I'm hoping we'll get a pretty good attendance since people would just have to come in a few days early for the Pen Show to go to the Hub.

So I haven't been to one of these before. Does Pelikan mandate any specific elements, or is it pretty much up to the Hub Master?

So I haven't been to one of these before. Does Pelikan mandate any specific elements, or is it pretty much up to the Hub Master?

It's pretty free form based on the discretion of the master and the will of the group. No real mandates from Pelikan. They would like to see the event shared on social media with their hashtag but that's about it.