• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• fireant

• inkstainedruth

• DrCodfish

Clever marketing ploy and a great idea to bring enthusiasts together! + 1 for New York City!!

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

Based on the 2014 hubs, I have a pretty strong suspicion that London will win again this year...time to book my ticket? :P

bayesianprior.png

I'm hopeful to see this come back around to Philadelphia again. It was a good time last year.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Incredible! I had never heard of it before, and it's really clever. It makes you wonder why other manufacturers don't jump in with their own 'fest.

I was the hub master for San Francisco and thought it went great. I've signed up for this year now...

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up for Portland.

Me too! 9/25 is a friday and I have the day off! :)

So space and time are linked together. As we are looking across space, we are looking back in time. The further and further away those stars are the further back in time you are looking. Now you are seeing a star that is say six thousand years ago. Imagine somebody at that star looking at us They would be seeing us as we were six thousand years ago. Which of those two is now? - Alan Parsons Project The Time Machine - Temporalia (Paraphrased)

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder that hub master applications are due in by 6/30. Only 10 days left. General applications to participate are accepted through 7/30. If you want to have the best odds of having your city selected, it would be best to register before they choose the hub masters. It was a great events last year. Well worth signing up for if you have any passing interest.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

Based on the 2014 hubs, I have a pretty strong suspicion that London will win again this year...time to book my ticket? :P

I'd be in! Can't imagine there's much chance of getting the East Midlands set up for one sadly...

• 2 weeks later...

I was the hub master for San Francisco and thought it went great. I've signed up for this year now...

Just curious, how did you get the word out for the event?

Did you set up ink and pen sampling?

Not much word to get out. Since attendance is by application, the hub master is given a list of attendees by Pelikan. They then contact said attendees via email and coordinate details of the gathering. It's pretty free from so you can do just about anything.

Right... Pelikan really didn't want hub masters asking anyone not already on Pelikan's list. So much so that Pelikan asked everyone to not even talk about the hubs and the locations online anywhere before the hubs.

Last year I hub mastered it for the bay area by having it at the same place we often have a pen posse -- basically at the Millbrae BART / CalTrain station very near 101 at SFO.

But... Pelikan told me that I wasn't chosen for this year and I have no idea who's this year's hub master nor where it will be.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

It looks like the Hub Masters have been chosen and notified and therefore the locations too. Pelikan likely won't be announcing them though until later in July as there is still time for applicants to sign up.

Mexico City is in the list!!!! Great news!!!!!!

Write, write, write. Use your pens not your fingers !!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Sweet. Pelikan is still taking applications through July so there is time to jump in still if one of these is nearby.

So, I looked at the link that fireant provided and Pittsburgh is listed. So what does that mean? How do I find out who that hub master is, when and where (and what exactly happens at one of these -- group selfies to email to Pelikan? Pen posse limited to brand? What?).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

PS -- If you're running the Pgh hub, PM me and (depending on when the thing is, I will try to show up with my five birds; although only the Café Crème is a "new" pen -- the others are all vintage or semi-vintage)

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."