The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sepia Suggestions

ink sepia brown

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 contaxrts2

contaxrts2

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 19:02

The problem with this is that the *best* ink there was a bad bottle.

I highly recommend J Herbin Cacao du Brésil. 

Or Rohrer und Klingner Sepia, which is almost but not quite as nice and well-behaved.

_FUJ6384.jpg

+1 for Herbin Cacao du bresil

Rohrer+Klingner sepia not yet tested

Sponsored Content

#22 Biber

Biber

...but that was another lifetime

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 20:08

I have both the Herbin CdB and the RK sepia and the RK seems to fit the bill for me these days. I thought the CdB looked like chocolate milk.

The problem with the topic of sepia ink is to actually determine what the color is you have in mind. Sepia as in the color of old fotos and actual cuttlefish ink (the real sepia ink) are two different things, and it's quite a varying range- from yellowish browns to mauve. You just have to find an example that, to you, typifies "sepia" then try to find a match with ink tints available. Having been there and done that myself, I can only wish you luck in your quest. If you're like me then you'll find the perfect match only to soon change your mind. It's quite vicious. 

Do check out DCPritch's comparasons and recent threads showing actual squid ink based FP ink. And as always comparason tools such as Goulet's (isn't there one in Britain as well?) are your friend in these matters.

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ink, sepia, brown

Sponsored Content

|