Farewell Ink Sample Pif, Lot Of 37 Samples

As a number of members predicted better than I, I have not been able to give much time to FPN since I received my invitation to join the Peace Corps some months ago and subsequently began preparing for moving to Tanzania July 5th to be a Secondary Education Math Teacher.

I no longer believe I am going to be able to get back to contributing much to FPN. As an effort to show my appreciation for this community and give back to it before I go, I am offering a PIF consisting of the following samples:

• Diamine Dark Brown
  • Diamine Majestic Blue
  • Diamine Monaco Red
  • Diamine Steel Blue
  • Here 231 (Red)
  • Hero 232 (Blue Black)
  • Hero 233 (Blue)
  • Hero 234 (Carbon Black)
  • Noodler's Apache Sunset
  • Noodler's Black
  • Noodler's Blackerase
  • Noodler's Blue
  • Noodler's Blue Ghost
  • Noodler's Bluerase
  • Noodler's Borealis Black
  • Noodler's Bright Green
  • Noodler's Red
  • Noodler's Saguaro Wine
  • Organics Studio Foggy Bottom [sepia]
  • Organics Studio Join Or Die [sepia]
  • Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki-shikibu
  • Private Reserve Black Cherry
  • Toucan Aqua
  • Toucan Black
  • Toucan Bright Blue
  • Toucan Crimson
  • Toucan Gold
  • Toucan Magenta
  • Toucan Orange
  • Toucan Primrose
  • Toucan Royal Blue
  • Toucan Scarlet
  • Toucan Sienna
  • Toucan Turquoise
  • Toucan Umber
  • Toucan Violet
  • Waterman Serenity Blue

Some may notice the list does include a number of inks I have been known to post about or offer on the sample exchange. My original plan had been to include a sample of every ink I have, but my surplus of empty ink vials ran out some time ago. The above list is everything ink that I still have on hand from my defunct practice of keeping filled ink samples on hand for the exchange program.

Simply reply to this thread indicating your desire to enter. My only stipulation for entrants is that they believe they will put these samples to better use than if I were to keep them and they sat in a box for three years.

I will cover shipping within CONUS. I will leave it open for individuals worldwide on the condition that the entrant pay the difference in shipping cost.

The cutoff day is June 10th (2015-06-10 inclusive), giving one month to collect entries.

Edited by vossad01

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vossad01

• weary

• musicman123

• webgeckos

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wow! I have only seen two on the list IRL - the PR and the Waterman. Every other one on the list is just something I have heard about online.

Best wishes on your new adventure :)

KEEP CALM AND BOOGIE ON!

SILENCE IS GOLDEN, BUT DUCT TAPE IS SILVER.

What a generous offer! I'd like to enter, and hope you have a great time in Tazania!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2888qx1.jpg

Hola! I'd be honored and happy to receive any of these...I'm a teacher and love using new ink as much as possible! Best wishes on your time in the Peace Corps! Gracias

love to have Diamine Dark Brown and Steel Blue.

What a generous offer from you, and a very interesting collection you have.

Thank you.

I am very sorry to see you leave our inky group, and wish you well in your new undertaking. And I also wish you will be sorry for this decision - meaning you will find time to play with ink samples. If so, please do not hesitate to log on (if at all possible) and ask for some ink samples! I for one, pledge to send you some, wherever you are.

As I already have more ink samples than I can see myself using in the short to medium term, I am explicitly NOT entering in this PiF. But I just wanted to let you know that if you somehow find you want some ink after all, all you have to do is ask...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Count me in! Thank you for your generosity and I wish you the best in your endeavors!

Fantasy is Eminent when Reality is Sufficient.

I would like to be included. All but four of the listed inks would be new to me. And, after I sample them, I will send those with enough ink for another sample through another PIF to someone else.

Thanks for the opportunity, and I hope your sojourn in Africa is both enlightening and entertaining.

Tom

I'd like to enter. I've never used bottled ink before, so everything here would be new to me. And since I've read suggestions to try moving away from cartridges, a chance to get a few ink samples would be a great way to start trying to do that. You listed a lot of inks in your post, so if you may be choosing multiple recipients, my preference would be for inks in the blue area of the spectrum. Thanks for the offer!

Count me in, please. What a generous PIF.

I only know

• Pilot Iroshizuku Murasaki-shikibu
  • Private Reserve Black Cherry

All the other inks would be a discovery.

I am outside de US. I will pay the shipping costs, if I win the PIF, thank you.

Edited by fountainpagan

WomenWagePeace

SUPORTER OF http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/100x75q90/631/uh2SgO.jpg

My avatar is a painting by the imense surrealist painter Remedios Varo

That's quite an amazing list! All those inks are completely new! Especially the Toucan inks!

fpn_1434432647__fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

Check out my blog at Inks and Pens

I'd like to enter too, and good luck with your endeavor with the Peace Corps

Wanting to trade for samples of fountain pen friendly legal pad paper.

Hello,

Please count me in, have a great time in Tanzania and thank you in advance.

Before anything else is said, I want to say kudos to you for joining the Peace Corps. It was my experience 25 years ago that I will never forget... Vivid are the memories.

Please add me to the Pif list.