The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Looking For Replacement Nib For Franklin Covey Fountain Pan

nib nibs replacement

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dehumbertman

Dehumbertman

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2015 - 00:25

I just picked up a Franklin Covey fountain pen for $20 at staples. It writes well and smooth and I'm overall very happy with it. However I would like to put a fine or extra fine nib on it. I have found a bunch of sites offering replacement nibs, but I don't know if it uses a #5, #6, mini, etc.

I really would like to keep using this one mainly for the body. It has the perfect weight and girth for my hand and I overall prefer the feel of it compared to my others. This is why I'm just trying to replace the nib for a finer line.

Any info and help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Content

#2 Chettiar

Chettiar

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2015 - 20:43

Could you please post a picture of the pen please for confirmation? I have one and it is a #5 nib with a stainless steel body and section made by cross...

#3 Dehumbertman

Dehumbertman

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 May 2015 - 21:35

Could you please post a picture of the pen please for confirmation? I have one and it is a #5 nib with a stainless steel body and section made by cross...

Attached Images

• IMG_4032.jpg
  • IMG_1877.JPG-1.jpg

#4 Chettiar

Chettiar

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:09

Thanks for posting the picture. Mine does not look like that.. But the nib looks like a #5.. Smaller than the twsbi / edison nibs which are #6..

#5 Dehumbertman

Dehumbertman

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 May 2015 - 15:45

Thanks for posting the picture. Mine does not look like that.. But the nib looks like a #5.. Smaller than the twsbi / edison nibs which are #6..

Thanks!  I think ill order a cheapo #5 just to see if it fits and feeds correctly and then go from there.

#6 Dehumbertman

Dehumbertman

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2015 - 18:43

UPDATE

I ordered some #5.5 chrome extra fine nibs from Fountainpenrevolution.com, and they will fit and work quite well.  I payed $10 (after shipping) for a pack of 3 but was also given a fourth two-tone iridium tipped nib as well.  The site says shipping would take 20 days but i recieved them in 8.  Highly recommend if looking for a low cost replacement nib for this low cost pen. Which in my opinion, originally had a broad posing as a medium nib.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nib, nibs, replacement

Sponsored Content

|